Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person

Haven't you noticed that it's all much more serious now that London and the South East is being badly affected, rather than just the rest of us plebs?

They even get their own special tier 4 rating. (The cynical amongst us would say that they have to have a special rating because they believe that they are 'more special' than the rest of the country).
    Excuse my sarcasm if you happen to live in London or the South.

I do have the consolataion of living in the area that now has the lowest infection rate on the UK mainland,
    Although that hasn't made any difference to our tier 2 rating which has remained in place. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-55356313

It's that decision to keep us in tier 2 despite now having the lowest UK rate that has made other Northern Cities/districts in tiers 2 and 3 to question if despite goverrment promisies any improvement that they see in infection rates will result in any change to their status.

Oh and by the way, apparently the spike in London and the South is not the fault of arrogant buggers who think the rules don't apply to them, it's a different (special again?) variant that has mutated in the South. (Probably a mutation caused by the fact they have been ignoring distancing, etc. rules and letting it spread/reproduce more).

I realise that I am getting a bit North/South political there, but I'm not going to apologise for pointing out a political policy bias that is obvious to most of the country.
    Last edited by nukecad; 19-12-20 at 20:03.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Go for it Nuke!

What I want to know is will the vaccine we have now kill the new variant & the ones that are coming through.

They can't make the vaccines quick enough or deploy them quickly enough to stop the population killing each other through being morons (morons is my word of choice today it seems!)

Please please please can the scientists make a vaccine that turns morons into normal people? I think that would stop the spread of Covid before vaccinating the non morons in the UK with the covid vaccine.

I was just watching the twitter feeds for Tesco & Sainsburys (it's enlightening how much plastic is found in food!) people are tweeting can they cancel all the Christmas food they have ordered can see a heck of a lot of food going to waste this year. If your stuck for something to watch on Christmas day & Boxing day watch the twitter feeds of the major supermarkets & see how many people have rotten turkey's delivered it happens every year. Click on tweets & replys

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    Please please please can the scientists make a vaccine that turns morons into normal people?
    But where would we get senior party politicians / cabinet ministers from then? (Ooo, I am being cynical today, or being realistic take your choice).
    Last edited by nukecad; 19-12-20 at 22:15.

Nuke, more than likely you are being realistic.

Nuke on consideration you are right,

OK so we want a vaccine for 99% of morons to turn them into normal people. That should give us enough people in parliament but still be enough normal people to stop the spread of covid before we have all been vaccinated with the covid vaccine.

Why oh why do the morons (normal people wouldn't do this) only wear a face mask over their mouths & leave their noses out in fresh air?. Do they think that you can only catch & spread covid through their mouths & not through their noses? (plus it really dose make them look like morons)

In our local supermarket not only do customers wear masks just over their mouths but many of the staff do too. In fact some of the staff have them under their chins. Time the management pulled them up for that.

It's the same for every supermarket everywhere, looking down the twitter feeds one after another saying the same thing tell your staff in so & so shop to wear a mask or to cover their noses as well as their mouths.

It's the morons we need an anti moron vaccine fast

Round here almost everybody wears face coverings properly, uses the sanitiser provided in shops/supermarkets, etc.

When the pubs were open the pub regulars ensured that social distancing was being observed, and anyone trying to walk in or walk about without a mask on was quickly ridiculed as an inconsiderate brainless idiot.

Perhaps more surprisingly some of the teenage schoolkids are now chosing to wear face coverings in stores although they don't have to, and some even wear them outdoors.
    It's taken them a while, but a few quiet hints such as 'Why don't you behave like a responsible adult?' seems to be working.
    Teenagers like to be seen as grown-up, and once some start the others are quick to join in rather than being left out of the crowd.

It's all subtle peer-pressure rather than strict edicts, but it does seem to be working here and is probably part of why we now have the lowest infection rate in the country despite being a fairly industrialised place.
    (Sellafield alone directly employs 10,000 workers in 'normal' times and there are still many working and commuting there during lockdown, it's not the sort of place you can just close).

But of course there are always the selfish idiots wherever you are.

I'm coming to live in your area Nuke!,

Unfortunately a huge amount of morons that live in London who are in the highest area for the new covid strain decided that they would pile by the hundreds into train stations got on pack trains to goodness knows where to beat the London lockdown last night.

So this means that the new strain of covid is in two weeks not going to be just the south's problem but absolutely anywhere one of these ticking new strain covid time bombs end up.

What did amaze me, I had to go into Aldi mid week and they have had to chain their hand sanitizers at the door down. How can folk stoop so low to nick something that is for the benefit of their health.