Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person

You can't have watched the full thing by now - enjoy.

PS. Barrel of beer? A cask of single malt is more my style at Christmas.
    Last edited by nukecad; 24-12-20 at 21:24.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    Thanks so much for that, I had forgotten I used to have waitrose udon noodles, & that said wheat & water. They were perfectly fine for me. Never had a problem with them at all. Unfortunately they stopped selling them (before covid) they were in the fridge section loved them. They defo didn't have any added anything. I don't usually shop at waitrose but sometimes you can find a few different things there than bigger supermarkets sell.

I will have a search & see if I can find some. It takes a heck of a lot of working out what this system of mine will & will not like I really should of come with an instruction manual! & when it came to this wheat problem I've felt a bit overwhelmed as to where to start. I asked Warburtons what wheat they used thinking is it a certain type of wheat I got the reply we use wheat flour

I'm making a note of the bread recipe so I don't loose it off this thread.

I think all of the UK will be in tier 4 soon anyway keep as far away from people as you can I know that's not easy or possible sometimes

All my recipes for bread are in the manual that came with a Panasonic bread maker, the sugar free recipe will take about 6 hours in a bread maker because it needs extra time for the yeast to digest the flour rather than the sugar.

There's a recipe for Ciabatta but it has sugar in, so I'm thinking about trying it without the sugar on a longer program time, it's possible i can use the french bread mix & simply substitute the butter for olive oil, if that works it'll be gorgeous.

Many years ago I found a problem with foods with whey powder in them, biscuits often have that, so I stopped eating anything with whey powder (some soups, biscuits, all sorts of things) and noticed a big difference. A few years later my sister complained of IBS so I told her to stop eating whey powder, result, no more IBS. Not a solution for everyone but worth thinking about these ingredients, after all whey powder used to be thrown away.

Nuke,

Sounds like a very helpful recipe book with that bread maker. Family member had an old elextralux cooker many many years ago & came with a brilliant baking recipe book which we still have.

Unfortunately I'm allergic to something in the flour ho hum I'm OK coughing & reaching fit but I'm OK now little head ache but I'm OK. Hope Tummy dose not have any problems with it! I know I'm OK with rice & potatoes so it's got to be one or more of the other ingredients. I will add them to the suspect ingredients list.

If you don't try you don't know

Good news

The Oxford jab is expected to be authorised for use by or on New years eve & if it is people will start getting the jab on Monday 4th of Jan. Even better news is that people who carry epi-pens have been told to wait for the Oxford jab that they can have that one so the thousands of people who have multiple allergies like me can also have the Oxford one (everything crossed!)

In that week between the jab getting authorised & jabbing it into people they will be setting up vaccine clinics where ever they can to get the jabs into people as quick as they can & people will need two jabs with this one too as far as they have said so far

Hoping mu hubby gets it sooner rather than later. He is in group 4 as extremely vulnerable which is way down the line. On the Wednesday before Christmas he was told the lymphoma had come back with a vengeance, lymph nodes are massive, or it could be another form. Now waiting for urgent biopsies and scans. He will need to have chemo again so hoping they will give him the jab as a matter of priority. Add into the mix heart failure too, chemo causes heart failure in some so will just make his worse. The thoughts are that his original chemo, which he only finished just over a year ago. has caused heart failure in his already damaged heart. Not really looking good for the future.
    What is urgent putting Christmas, New year and Covid into the mix?

So very sorry Beau,

My friends Mum started with cancer of the throat. She had very aggressive chemo. She also had something wrong with her heart from when she was young. The aggressive chemo after a while 6 months perhaps caused her to have heart failure because her heart was weaken to start with like in your situation.

She lived for about a year, then had more chemo because the cancer was back but this time the chemo didn't shrink the cancer. No one knows if in the end she died of cancer or heart failure.

All the "tricks" scans, xrays, blood tests the whole circus that is caused by cancer never are enough. I think you know how bad this is & understand what you have coming & I mean this sincerely enjoy the time together you have left. I know you are going to say how can we with how ill hubby is & how terrible you are feeling right now. Don't let cancer & heart failure stop you from "being together" very often the end is the circus make the end about you two XXX

Starbright. we won't and we are trying to stay very positive, it's all you can do.
    Needless to say, Christmas was not the best we have had but life has to go on.

Very true & when all said & done Christmas day & boxing day were Friday & Saturday. Just two days that will be back round again next week

Or just bin the whole calendar & consider that the two days are today & tomorrow so don't wait, make the most of them now.

Absolutely agree,

wish we could go back & got off the "circus" got a taxi to take us to the local seaside & stuff them full of everything they loved both food & drink & spent proper time with them the kind memory's are made of. I've yet to hear of anyone who belongs to the cancer club no one wants to be in say I wish we didn't spend that time with them & wish they kept on that "circus"