Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person

I do wonder how many people will use common sense as to the situation they are in. Very few I think. Cases are going to go through the roof again. Too much reliance is being put on the vaccine in my opinion. As we have found out it has done little or nothing for the extremely vulnerable in spite of what the figures say.
    We still can't fathom where hubby caught it from. We are now wondering if it was the mail.

Yesterday I had an email from Asda saying:

As an Asda customer, we wanted to offer our support to you during the recent challenging times.

For this reason, we allocated an Asda Priority Pass to your account. Now Covid restrictions are lifting, your Priority Pass will come to end on Tuesday 31 August.

Tesco sent me an email today saying they are carrying on with Priority slots.

Even with an Asda priority pass, after the initial free delivery it was chargeable. Round here the cheapest charge at 10 to 11 at night is £4.99 and there is a minimum order amount which is difficult for us to attain on our normal weekly shop. No thank you.

Good news Sainsburys have sent an email saying they are continuing their priority slots for vulnerable people.

I was wondering what would happen since all covid restrictions have gone now. Very pleased they are continuing because although the restrictions are gone around 50,000 people are still contracting Covid every day. Also 60% of people in hospital with covid have been double jabbed. The Indian variant gets round our vaccines.

So that's a great comfort to me knowing I can feed myself & family still hope others have also found this reassuring too.

So far thumbs up for Tesco & Sainsburys & thumbs down for Asda

Strange gov letter about shielding, it say's that extremely vulnerable can stop shielding now. They told us we could stop shielding months ago!!

It also say's not everyone on the shielding list could be asked to have a third jab it depends on your illnesses.

Just read through a bit more of the letter I got yesterday & it say's anyone who comes into my home has to of had a lateral flow test first.

Had a phone call blocking there number yesterday saying someone needs to check my electrics next week. They mentioned my electric company. To check if this is real or a scam I was on hold for 32 mins to be put through to someone who was very hard to understand in broken English saying nothing showing on my screen.

So I've no idea if this is correct or not I could I suppose ask my landlord as I'm in sheltered housing if they know someone's coming round from my electric company. I wanted to say that they need to have a lateral flow test first but that would need someone on the other end of the phone who spoke better English!

Or I could save my money from the long phone calls & just not let them in & see what happens next

Edit to say. I called my landlord & it is correct they know about it & they even gave me another phone number to triple check it. And I asked if the person who is coming can do a lateral flow test that day before coming to me. No problem she put it on my notes & it's the supervisor coming to me called Mark.

Pity it's taken me an hour on the phone to sort it all out!
    Last edited by StarBright; 01-10-21 at 10:36.

Suffolk, Peterborough & Cambridgeshire are now an enhanced response area because their covid cases are more than anywhere else & sounds like some of their hospitals are struggling:

The Enhanced Response Area status takes effect for at least five weeks from Monday and means local authorities will:

Accelerate and target the vaccination roll-out for those aged 12-15 to key areas and schools where infections are highest;
    Accelerate booster vaccinations for eligible groups who have had their second vaccination more than six months ago;
    Increase vaccination rate in areas with the lowest uptake;
    Enter into further discussions with the Department for Education about additional measures it can use in schools.
    What measures this might lead to has yet to be spelled out, but a return of the bubble system could be on the cards.
    While the discussions with the DfE take place, authorities are are continuing to:

Encourage secondary school teachers or pupils who are household contacts of positive cases to take daily LFT tests
    Continue with advice given to schools before the half term that face coverings should be worn in secondary school communal areas, and that meetings happen virtually where possible
    Encourage anyone who is a household contact of a positive case to take daily rapid tests, until a negative PCR test is received.
    The wider population in the area is also being advised to:

Wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed areas when coming into contact with people they do not usually meet
    Get vaccinated and test regularly - particularly before attending events
    Meet with others outside their households in well ventilated spaces
    Wash hands regularly and well

Sounds a bit like Boris's plan B maybe

Funny isn't it that there seems to be quite an emphasis on schools now, when they 'weren't an issue' before.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yes I agree, I don't know what's happened to change that. Schools have always been super spreaders.

The initial thought was that kids didn't become really ill with it. The fact that, really ill or not, they would spread it was ignored initially. Then came masks in schools and now kids are to be jabbed. Boris and his cronies really under estimated the impact that covid would have on the population in the first place.