Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person

I do wonder how many people will use common sense as to the situation they are in. Very few I think. Cases are going to go through the roof again. Too much reliance is being put on the vaccine in my opinion. As we have found out it has done little or nothing for the extremely vulnerable in spite of what the figures say.
    We still can't fathom where hubby caught it from. We are now wondering if it was the mail.

Yesterday I had an email from Asda saying:

As an Asda customer, we wanted to offer our support to you during the recent challenging times.

For this reason, we allocated an Asda Priority Pass to your account. Now Covid restrictions are lifting, your Priority Pass will come to end on Tuesday 31 August.

Tesco sent me an email today saying they are carrying on with Priority slots.

Even with an Asda priority pass, after the initial free delivery it was chargeable. Round here the cheapest charge at 10 to 11 at night is £4.99 and there is a minimum order amount which is difficult for us to attain on our normal weekly shop. No thank you.

Good news Sainsburys have sent an email saying they are continuing their priority slots for vulnerable people.

I was wondering what would happen since all covid restrictions have gone now. Very pleased they are continuing because although the restrictions are gone around 50,000 people are still contracting Covid every day. Also 60% of people in hospital with covid have been double jabbed. The Indian variant gets round our vaccines.

So that's a great comfort to me knowing I can feed myself & family still hope others have also found this reassuring too.

So far thumbs up for Tesco & Sainsburys & thumbs down for Asda