Tees Valley
    North East
    Gloucestershire
    Somerset council
    Swindon
    Bournemouth
    Isle of Wight
    New Forest

And almost all other area's move to tier 3 here is the postcode checker. give it a little while to update on the new tiers per area:

https://www.gov.uk/find-coronavirus-local-restrictions

Here are the tier 4 rules again:
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home

TBH we are going from tier 2 to tier 4 here; but it's not going to change anything for me personally.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Full list of restrictions and changes by area:
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/full-lis...-tiers-by-area

Everyone except the Isles of Scilly (tier 1) will be in tiers 3 or 4 as from tomorrow.
    There will be nobody in tier 2.

Of course it's not an official "national lockdown" but I defy anyone except a politician to see the difference.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yet another nightmare for us. At least I can still have my carer, cleaner and laundry collection and delivery.

I really feel for those small businesses, how much more can they survive.

Thanks for adding the extra info Nuke, I'm fading today!

When you put your postcode into the postcode checker it brings up what tier you are in & a link to all the new rules for that tier

There was talk on there being a tier 5 which I think that would of been a national lockdown.

Personally I think there should be a national lockdown because this new strain is not being kept in check by tier 4, the NHS is over run, in some areas there has been a national incident called in the hospitals there are people in ambulances outside the hospital being treated in there, there are not enough staff at all levels & no where to put people except make shift corners they can get a bed into.

The amount of people in hospital with covid 19 is higher now than in the first wave when we were all locked down, it's worse at the moment than the first wave so why are we not locked down? Why is it acceptable for so many people to be getting infected & die now when it wasn't in March?

Boris is talking at 5 see what he has got to say for himself

They have updated the shielding advice for people in tier 4:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a...w-tier-4-areas

We have had to go out. Hubby is shielding again. I have gone into the shops whilst he sat in the car. So very difficult for me to get shopping. Had an Iceland delivery yesterday and there was no bread on it. I had to go into the supermarket for that, a visit I was hoping to avoid by having a delivery.

Hubby had to do a Covid test yesterday in preparation for his biopsy procedure on Wednesday and scan on Thursday. Two hospital visits as they can't them the same day. It looks as if his cancer has returned on top of the heart failure. Doesn't look as if this year is going to be any better than last year for us.

Hi beau,

Lets hope the biopsy will clarify what's going on with hubby.

Food wise, I think you would get on better with Tesco because when you order food you can opt to allow substitutes or not. But not only that you can put a sentence too so you could put on your chosen bread tick substitutes & then put only substitute with 50/50 bread or whatever you want, or just tick substitutes & give them free range to pick bread for you. Like that you wont be without bread but it might not be your first choice of bread.

The only downside to that is you need to spend £40 & the cheapest delivery at the mo is £3. There's always a downside isn't there!

Iceland should substitute but didn't, wonder if they had run out of bread. We rarely spend anything like £40 a week on food and dry goods £15 to £20 is usually normal for us. Mainly because I buy in bulk so many none consumable items. I go to our local butchers for meat, eggs and potatoes too so nothing like that goes on a supermarket shop.
    Think I am going to try and do the shopping on my scooter even if it means several visits.
    Last edited by beau; 04-01-21 at 18:06.

We can only do what suits us the best.

Scotland is going into a lockdown from midnight tonight & Boris is talking at 8pm tonight