Thread: Coronavirus

Coronavirus

I have refrained from posting about this but the question comes to mind, how on earth is the over 70's self isolation going to be policed? Word is that it will be for at least 4 months stating within the next 20 days.
    Us, in that age group, do have appointments like a chiropodist, much needed as most are unable to take care of their own feet.
    Many of us have carers who are friends, how are we going to cope without them? Close contact is needed. Yes, care companies should provide their employees with protective clothing.

May sound silly but having ones hair cut.
    I have a cleaner, if she didn't come the place would be filthy, a health issue in itself.
    I also have private massages to try and keep me mobile, without them I would have to use a wheelchair

Can you imagine the impact on people who have mental health issues but are able to venture out for their own well being.

The implications of self isolation are far and wide. On and on it goes.

Yes I am in a high risk group regardless of age.

The honest answer lovely is no one knows I know we will never forget the name Wuhan!

I guess that we are all on here going to be under the at risk group because of the nature of the forum or here for family/friends who will be all we can do is try & support each other here somewhere to talk about it all & see how we & our loved ones & friends are doing plus also importantly this thread could be the only "social" contact people have for some time to come I know that a huge amount of the UK are always without social contact due to no fault of their own.

XXX

I guess that carers and therapists would keep calling, brave souls that they are... With extra care and sanitizer.
    I am surprised this board is not full of virus threads . We need to keep in touch in these difficult days. We just have to keep smiling and see it through and thank God we are not one of those afflicted by it. What was it that Monty Python used to sing? "Always look on the bright side of Life" ????