Thread: Blue Badge Form For Hidden Disabilities

Blue Badge Form For Hidden Disabilities

Anyone know why some councils seem to have different application forms and their own system in place. I have just looked at the form from Essex County Council for my Aunt and it's more like war and peace to reapply she's in her 80's and doesn't use a computer or email, so they sent what to me seems an overkill form 20 page document and she's had a badge since they was orange and filled the old three pages herself but whoever put this form together wants people to give up. Be interested in any of you that have councils that have changed their application forms and you've found it a lot harder for people to renew or apply to include hidden disabilities. I feel many will just give up.

Hello Timelord

A few years ago, all councils considerably tightened up the application process for Blue Badges. I too previously held an Orange Badge and found the new process very in-depth and detailed.

The proof of identity is particularly stringent, which I believe was partly to prevent fraudsters obtaining badges to which they were not entitled.

I appreciate for the elderly and for those without access to printers and computers it must particularly frustrating.

Yes I know they brought in companies to do the administration, but I think this is possibly more recent since they reviewed the criteria end of last year I believe to adapt for hidden disabilities and it's that change has a new system. She asked me to help her but it wanted far too much information when all she was doing was renewing an existing badge and they've seen her at assessments so surely they'd have their records and results of those. I'm taking copies of this form to citizens Advice to see if they can help.

Thanks for the reply though.