Thread: DWP phone number?

DWP phone number?

I had a missed call this morning from 08001690346 and I looked online and found a comment on https://scam-numbers.co.uk/Number/08001690346/ which says its a scam and isnt DWP, can anyone confirm this? I do get benefits so wouldn't be all that outlandish for me to get a call from DWP and don't want to ignore it if it is them. Does anyone know please?

That number is given on the DWP form ESA3(IBR) 06/18 which is sent out by the team looking at the IB-ESA review.

I can also find it on various other letters sent out by that team.

It is the number to request large print or braille copies of the form, or if you need help filling out the form.

I believe it's their team enquiries line and that they also use it if they have sent you an ESA3(IBR) form that you haven't returned.
    (or to contact you if you had a relative who was transferred from IB to ESA and has since died).

You can see it here on the first page of the form in the box marked 'Only return this form if', and again at the bottom of that page under 'If you need help filling out this form".
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._passthrough=1

So if you were transfered from IB to ESA in the past, (and maybe have had an ESA3(IBR) and haven't returned it), then they could be ringing you about that.

As far as I am aware it is still a valid DWP number.

As for the scam report you link I suspect that the person they called at the DWP had no idea about the IB-ESA review team and so missinformed them.
    (The general enquiries phone jockeys at the DWP are poorly trained and so often missinform people).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    That number is given on the DWP form ESA3(IBR) 06/18 which is sent out by the team looking at the IB-ESA review.

I can also find it on various other letters sent out by that team.

It is the number to request large print or braille copies of the form, or if you need help filling out the form.

I believe it's their team enquiries line and that they also use it if they have sent you an ESA3(IBR) form that you haven't returned.
    (or to contact you if you had a relative who was transferred from IB to ESA and has since died).

You can see it here on the first page of the form in the box marked 'Only return this form if', and again at the bottom of that page under 'If you need help filling out this form".
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._passthrough=1

So if you were transfered from IB to ESA in the past, (and maybe have had an ESA3(IBR) and haven't returned it), then they could be ringing you about that.

As far as I am aware it is still a valid DWP number.

As for the scam report you link I suspect that the person they called at the DWP had no idea about the IB-ESA review team and so missinformed them.
    (The general enquiries phone jockeys at the DWP are poorly trained and so often missinform people).
    That's extremely helpful, thank you very much for your response. That makes sense, glad I asked.