Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Bonus

Christmas Bonus

Anybody not received there £10 Christmas Bonus...? Haven't received mine this year...!!

Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
    Anybody not received there £10 Christmas Bonus...? Haven't received mine this year...!!
    A lot of people haven't received theirs, my flatmate included (he's never had 1). The advice i got given was to contact the JC+. A few people have also got 2 apparently.

I got mine the first week of December.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Hi Paul... Did you get a letter saying you will be getting the bonus paid into your bank account..? ... I know it's only a tenner but it the principle of it..!!

I got mine from DLA and i did get a letter 1st saying it would be paid into my account. My flatmate who is on ESA has not received a letter or money.
    Know what you mean about the principle.
    there quick to try and take our money off us so we need to get every penny we're entitled to.

Quote Originally Posted by galeforce81 View Post
    I got mine from DLA and i did get a letter 1st saying it would be paid into my account. My flatmate who is on ESA has not received a letter or money.
    Know what you mean about the principle.
    there quick to try and take our money off us so we need to get every penny we're entitled to.
    If on IR ESA then I don't think people can get the Christmas bonus https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/eligibility

Eligibility
    To get a Christmas Bonus you must be present or ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Gibraltar, any European Economic Area (EEA) country, or Switzerland during the qualifying week.

You must also get at least one of the following benefits in the ‘qualifying week’ - this is normally the first full week of December:

Attendance Allowance
    Carer’s Allowance
    Constant Attendance Allowance (paid under Industrial Injuries or War Pensions schemes)
    Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance (once the main phase of the benefit is entered after the first 13 weeks of claim)
    Disability Living Allowance
    Incapacity Benefit at the long-term rate
    Industrial Death Benefit (for widows or widowers)
    Mobility Supplement
    Pension Credit - the guarantee element
    State Pension (including Graduated Retirement Benefit)
    Severe Disablement Allowance (transitionally protected)
    Unemployability Supplement or Allowance (paid under Industrial Injuries or War Pensions schemes)
    War Disablement Pension at State Pension age
    War Widow’s Pension
    Widowed Mother’s Allowance
    Widowed Parent’s Allowance
    Widow’s Pension

Thanks for the replies peeps... yes I do qualify for the bonus, got it last year.... Will be on to the bu**ers asap...

Yeah got my letter end of November
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

You don't get it if you're on IR ESA. Which I've always found strange as you do get it for CB ESA.

Quote Originally Posted by RaeUK View Post
    You don't get it if you're on IR ESA. Which I've always found strange as you do get it for CB ESA.
    Yep very odd.... But you should get it if you receive DLA !!