Thread: Grumpy Posters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down Grumpy Posters

I know i've only been a member on this site for a month, but i've noticed that as it has got closer to Christmas, more and more users are making bitchy comments to others.
    As im new i obviously dont know if it is like this all year round, but since i have joined it is happenning more and more and people seem to be less tolerant of others opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by galeforce81 View Post
    I know i've only been a member on this site for a month, but i've noticed that as it has got closer to Christmas, more and more users are making bitchy comments to others.
    As im new i obviously dont know if it is like this all year round, but since i have joined it is happenning more and more and people seem to be less tolerant of others opinions.
    I agree. This forum is normally friendly, guys like Paul and Paul1234 offer really good advice and help. Other posters do to. Maybe the Christmas scrooge is starting to affect some people!

littlebib
    well said, please lets get back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by galeforce81 View Post
    Hi,
    This is normally a civilized and harmonious forum. We did get the odd prickly post and we often stray off the point but mostly it has always been good humoured and the information and views which people express here are hopefully of assistance to others.
    Of course we know very little of our fellow posters. I imagine we all come from different parts of the country, different backgrounds have different interests, differing disabilities, differing views and, if I may so bold, differing intelects and when it comes to posting, some are able to illustrate their points far more eloquently and forceably than others.
    None of this should matter as the pupose of the forums is to stimulate interesting and challenging debate and exchange of ideas in a relaxed and dispassionate enviroment.
    May this continue to be the case in 2013.

Hi,
    This is normally a civilized and harmonious forum. We did get the odd prickly post and we often stray off the point but mostly it has always been good humoured and the information and views which people express here are hopefully of assistance to others.
    Of course we know very little of our fellow posters. I imagine we all come from different parts of the country, different backgrounds have different interests, differing disabilities, differing views and, if I may so bold, differing intelects and when it comes to posting, some are able to illustrate their points far more eloquently and forceably than others.
    None of this should matter as the pupose of the forums is to stimulate interesting and challenging debate and exchange of ideas in a relaxed and dispassionate enviroment.
    May this continue to be the case in 2013.

Hi Galeforce81,

I can assure you that it's not always like this. I have been a member of Youreable since May 2005 (the site closed for over a year in between) and 99% of the time it is a very pleasant place to chat.
    Even though it's strange talking/chatting to people on a forum I do believe I have made a few friends on here, and I'd love one day to meet up with them in the real world.

Over the last few weeks I have noted a few less than nice comments from people/trolls that seem to enjoy comparing disabilities, almost as if we were in a playground "I'm better than you" type attitude, you learn to ignore these types and they'll soon disappear when people stop reacting to them.

I do hope you stick around and enjoy coming to the site. I also want to say a quick thanks to CTCELT as they were very kind words, I do try and be as welcoming and accepting as possible.

I have strayed a little recently from the comforts of the Motoring section (you'll find that I post most in there), but the whole site is a brilliant source of free information.

Cheers, hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, Paul.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I haven't posted much. Unfortunately I'm one of the one's who got into a spat with someone, they really made me angry. I probably responded to them more than I should have done. Looking back through the thread I can see it was a complete waste of time trying to get my point across. They were only interested in what they had to say. Then you realise there are people like that off-line too. Things always seem more powerful though, when they are written down.

Yes, there are nice people on here. Sometimes though, people just get wound up. Some of the subjects really hit a nerve with peoples personal experiences. People should always remember, if you ask for advice, you ain't necessarily going to like the advice you are given.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Rich