Thread: Pat's petition/debate...

Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar

Exclamation Pat's petition/debate...

Pat’s Debate – your support needed more than ever

After a year of very hard work and wonderful encouragement from all of our friends and supporters Pat’s Petition closed with over 62,600 signatures. We then sent an open letter to Liam Byrne.

We are delighted to announce that all the effort succeeded

and we have a result.

Liam Byrne has been in touch and the Labour Party are giving us an Opposition Day Debate in the Commons based around Pat’s Petition. This means the debate will take place in the Chamber at the House of Commons with Ministers and front benchers as well as back benchers.

So fantastic news – Pat’s Petition is moving to Pat’s Debate. Tell everyone – shout, sing, tweet using hashtag #PatsDebate. Let’s shake this government into listening to us at last.

For the original article and more information please see http://carerwatch.com/reform/

Many Thanks

FM

That's excellent news!

Everyone did brilliantly just to get 62,500 without any media attention!
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    That's excellent news!

Everyone did brilliantly just to get 62,500 without any media attention!
    This was brought up in yesterday's Prime Minister's Questions. They have done briliantly !!!

One of the M.P. also offered a suicide letter written by a person who had been found "fit for work" to Mr Cameron, as usual Cameron went bright red, and said he would look into it personally.

Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar
    The following was brought up in PMQ's last Wednesday 19 Dec:

PMQ‘s regarding Pat’s Petition

“Q4. [134213] Ian Lavery (Wansbeck) (Lab): I have in my hand a genuine suicide note from a constituent of mine who, sadly, took his own life after he was informed that he was no longer entitled to employment and support allowance and disability benefits. Across the UK, more than 1,000 people have died only months after being told to find work. This is 2012—we are supposed to be a civilised society. We should be looking after disabled citizens in the UK. Will the Prime Minister listen to the 62,000 people who have signed Pat’s petition and please finally order an assessment of all changes hitting disabled people in this country?

The Prime Minister: I will look very carefully at the very tragic case that the hon. Gentleman has brought to the House. Everyone’s thoughts will go out to that person’s family because of what has happened to them.

What I would say to the hon. Gentleman is that the actual money that we are putting into disability benefits over the coming years is going up, not down. I think that everybody knows and accepts that we need to have a review of disability benefits. Some people have been stuck on these benefits and not been reviewed for year after year after year. That is the view of the disability charities and it is the view of the Government as well.“

************************************************** ************************************************** **************************

With respect to the issue introduced by Ian Lavery MP; I too am sorry for the tragic loss of that family’s loved one, and all other families affected by these types of tragedies. So, Mr Cameron is going to look very carefully at the very tragic case that the hon. Gentleman has brought to the house; that’s very ‘nice’ of him, however, that’s just one case; what about the other 1,000 people that have all died, only months after being told to find work.

Stuck on these benefits,… stuck on these benefits…..we have been stuck with our disabilities our whole life, Cameron clearly hasn’t got a clue!

Quote Originally Posted by ***Force_Majeure_007*** View Post
    The following was brought up in PMQ's last Wednesday 19 Dec:

PMQ‘s regarding Pat’s Petition

“Q4. [134213] Ian Lavery (Wansbeck) (Lab): I have in my hand a genuine suicide note from a constituent of mine who, sadly, took his own life after he was informed that he was no longer entitled to employment and support allowance and disability benefits. Across the UK, more than 1,000 people have died only months after being told to find work. This is 2012—we are supposed to be a civilised society. We should be looking after disabled citizens in the UK. Will the Prime Minister listen to the 62,000 people who have signed Pat’s petition and please finally order an assessment of all changes hitting disabled people in this country?

The Prime Minister: I will look very carefully at the very tragic case that the hon. Gentleman has brought to the House. Everyone’s thoughts will go out to that person’s family because of what has happened to them.

What I would say to the hon. Gentleman is that the actual money that we are putting into disability benefits over the coming years is going up, not down. I think that everybody knows and accepts that we need to have a review of disability benefits. Some people have been stuck on these benefits and not been reviewed for year after year after year. That is the view of the disability charities and it is the view of the Government as well.“

************************************************** ************************************************** **************************

With respect to the issue introduced by Ian Lavery MP; I too am sorry for the tragic loss of that family’s loved one, and all other families affected by these types of tragedies. So, Mr Cameron is going to look very carefully at the very tragic case that the hon. Gentleman has brought to the house; that’s very ‘nice’ of him, however, that’s just one case; what about the other 1,000 people that have all died, only months after being told to find work.

Stuck on these benefits,… stuck on these benefits…..we have been stuck with our disabilities our whole life, Cameron clearly hasn’t got a clue!
    Also try telling this (last line) to daily mail and daily star
    disabilities is not our choice

In Remembrance of all those who have died

http://areyoutryingtokill.us/?page_id=40