Thread: Are you refused JCA, if you are too sick to activey seek work/do work?

Are you refused JCA, if you are too sick to activey seek work/do work?

I am meaning if your ESA gets stopped for one reason or another.

It's just I saw something mentioned about a hardship payment. What criteria does that involve? Lower moey than JCA - but at least it would be something.

I have read horror stories about people losing their homes and been forced onto the street, due to their ESA being stopped, but were refused JCA - as they were to ill to qualify.

Just wondering.

doberg
    Quote Originally Posted by KatherynH View Post
    I am meaning if your ESA gets stopped for one reason or another.

It's just I saw something mentioned about a hardship payment. What criteria does that involve? Lower moey than JCA - but at least it would be something.

I have read horror stories about people losing their homes and been forced onto the street, due to their ESA being stopped, but were refused JCA - as they were to ill to qualify.

Just wondering.
    They are trying that on with me at the moment - was kicked off ESA with 0 points so signed on for JSA.

I've put the ball back in the JC+ court. I gave them a copy of my ESA decision notice and told them that if they think that I am unfit to claim JSA they should take it up with that shower at the ESA department.

They have to prove that I am unfit for JSA and should be claiming ESA, but ESA have said that I am fit for full time work. If they go down that route then they must say why they think that.

They have tried every argument so far except call me a liar when I signed my JSA agreement. Told me to claim Pension Credit, told me to appeal against the ESA decision or make a new ESA claim. I explained that it is more than 30 days since the decision was made so the appeal is now out of time and I cannot make a new ESA claim for the same conditions within 6 months of being kicked off it. As for Pension Credit - they have no legal right to force me to claim that benefit which they accepted as being correct.

Simply they just want rid of me onto somebody elses desk!

I'll let them fight it out bewteen them and see who wins - ESA or JSA!!

Personally I don't actually care who wins as long as I get paid my money.
    Last edited by doberg; 17-12-12 at 19:56.

Quote Originally Posted by KatherynH View Post

Just wondering.
    Often that happens because the person themself has told the JC they are unfit to work in some way. Not sure how it would work in your case as if your ESA stops it's because you didn't attend a F2F assessment, not because ATOS declared you fit to work after an assessment. You have to also meet certain criteria to be eligible for hardship payments, so you'd need to check out if they apply to you.

Luckily - I checked my bank account today and my ESA has not been stopped (phew) I got paid double on the 10th December. But, yes, IF it came to it in the future - and my ESA was stopped for any reason, I would HAVE to inform the JC (with evidence) that I was unfit for JSA. Mostly due to the fact that I would not put my life at risk by doing what my GP and Surgeon have told me NOT to.