Thread: Trick question on PIP award review form ?

Trick question on PIP award review form ?

Have just got my form, and have noticed the first question on every activity is "Tell us if something has changed and approximately when"
    I always assumed if something had changed better / worse. You had to inform that asap or it would be classed as benefit fraud ....

Or does this question have a different meaning all together ?

Thanks for any advice

to be honest I am beginning to think the forms are almost a waste of time

I said no change to everything
    sent evidence
    got called for FtoFace and result benefit reduced

in theory - if nothing has changed then nothing SHOULD !!

I had same thoughts as you about that question
    but I assumed it was because they know people don't tell them, often because they simply forget etc etc

It would be classed as fraud if you got better, didn't tell them, and they found out.

It can't be fraud if you got worse and didn't tell them.
    (Because you have been claiming less than, or the same as, you should so that can't be fraud. It's only fraud if you claim more than you are entitled to).

It's a bit funny with the form question, because if you say on the form that you have got better then you are telling them.
    (You're just telling them later than you should have done).
    So the fact that you are telling them, even though late, mitigates any accusation of fraud, and they'll usually not bother about it unless it's very blatant that you should have told them earlier.

PS. Slightly different topic but I'll be posting a new thread shortly about the number of false disability benefit fraud allegations being made, it's interesting.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.