Thread: Ex Labour MP Jail Let Off

Ex Labour MP Jail Let Off

Makes me sick

DISGRACED expenses cheat Margaret Moran was let off jail yesterday as a judge admitted some will think she “got away with it”.

The ex-Labour MP, 57, was given a two-year treatment supervision order after fiddling £53,000 — the scandal’s biggest fraud.

She wasn’t in court to hear her punishment after being ruled unfit to plead because she has “severe depression”.

As he announced her sentence at Southwark Crown Court in London, Mr Justice Saunders said: “The jury was satisfied that Moran received public money to which she was not entitled.

“There will inevitably be feelings among some that Mrs Moran has got away with it. What the court’s done and has to do is to act in accordance with the law of the land.”

The court was earlier told how Moran has “extreme anxiety and suffers panic attacks”.

Dr Simon Kelly, of The Priory Hospital in Southampton, the city where she lives, said she would have to have been “restrained” to attend court.

But despite her sickness claims, The Sun last month photographed the fraudster down the pub with her husband. Her QC Jim Sturman then accused us of “hounding a mentally-ill woman”.

It comes as Culture Secretary Maria Miller faces a Commons probe into £90,000 she claimed for a second home.

She'll be claiming ESA then for her illness.........oh it would have to be CBESA though as her savings will mean she's not eligable for IR.
    Maybe they should have got ATOS to judge her case.

DISGRACED expenses cheat Margaret Moran was let off jail yesterday as a judge admitted some will think she “got away with it”.
    We know she got away with it.

funny how things work i suffer from all of the things she does including ptsd and other injurys from serving in the armed forces yet i am deemed to be able to jump through various hoops in regards my claim for dla to be told at appeal there is nothing wrong with me oh well the old saying of one rule still applys