Thread: DWP told me on the phone i was in the support group now they have backtracked??

DWP told me on the phone i was in the support group now they have backtracked??

I went for an esa medical at the end of september, last week (8th december) i rang for an update and somneone said i had been placed in the support group and would recieve £119 a week from now on, I rang a few days later to confirm and was told no decision had been made yet and there is no record of anyone sdaying this to me. The phone system has changed in between the time of the 2 calls i made so maybe this is why they can find no record.

I am at a total loss as to why someone told me over the phone i was in the support group but now they are saying no decision made? Its been almost 3 months since since my medical and its very stressful waiting. Also why would it be £119, i thought esa was £105? Has anyone else had this situation before? what was the outcome?
    Thanks in advance

Not the same but when I got fed up waiting on my decision I phoned the DWP for an update.All they would tell me was that I had been successfuly transfered from IB to ESA but could not and would not say over the phone what group I had been placed in.I waited a further 3 weeks to find out when I got the decision through the post.

You get £119pw if you are in the support group and getting IB ESA.

Thanks for your replies. I've never claimed any type of sickness benefit befor feb this year so can't be ib? Is nearly three months a usual time to wait for an outcome?

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by cartersmyth View Post
    I went for an esa medical at the end of september, last week (8th december) i rang for an update and somneone said i had been placed in the support group and would recieve £119 a week from now on, I rang a few days later to confirm and was told no decision had been made yet and there is no record of anyone sdaying this to me. The phone system has changed in between the time of the 2 calls i made so maybe this is why they can find no record.

I am at a total loss as to why someone told me over the phone i was in the support group but now they are saying no decision made? Its been almost 3 months since since my medical and its very stressful waiting. Also why would it be £119, i thought esa was £105? Has anyone else had this situation before? what was the outcome?
    Thanks in advance
    they lie and also dont know what there doing

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    they lie and also dont know what there doing
    I still havent heard anything so kind of agree with this lol

littlebib
    record all calls if you can