Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Bonus

Christmas Bonus

Hi everyone.

I just want to start by apologising incase my question has been asked before.

Just wanting to know if you are entitled to a Christmas bonus if you are receiving Contribution Based ESA.

I have just been told by my friend that you are, but i NEVER got one when i was on contribution based IB and i haven't received a letter of any kind yet saying im going to get one this year.

P.S
    I have just joined this site last week and i want to say how amazing it is. Its full of intelligent and interesting people and is the first thing i look at when i get up and im always checking up on whats being said throughout the day.

It really gives me some comfort to know that there are like minded people out there. I have few friends and I dont get to meet people as i struggle to get out and about much and avoid talking one on one with new people.

Its also really nice to know that the experiences i have been through (good/bad) have left me able to try and help others.

I've even noticed that my depression has not been quite as bad recently, although i'm not expecting it to miraculously stop.

Well done to the people who make this site what it is and may you keep up the good work.
    Last edited by galeforce81; 10-12-12 at 21:38.

Never heard of such a thing. But I'm no expert.
    Cold weather payments yes.
    The good thing about this site is that there are no trolls or argy bargy.

Quote Originally Posted by galeforce81 View Post
    Hi everyone.

I just want to start by apologising incase my question has been asked before.

Just wanting to know if you are entitled to a Christmas bonus if you are receiving Contribution Based ESA.

I have just been told by my friend that you are, but i NEVER got one when i was on contribution based IB and i haven't received a letter of any kind yet saying im going to get one this year.

Hi there

Well i have been receiving the £10 bonus for many years now, but did wonder if this would be stopping to save our wonderful Government more money?

I was in full time employment before i became ill i would still think everyone is intitled to it, but like you i haven't had the letter stating this either?

I got it for 19 years while in contribution based IB and have been told it will be in my bank today however i do get both contribution based and income based ESA support group . My wife only gets DLA but she got he xmas tenner . Regarding cold weather payments the one where it has to average zero for 7 days in a row i was told you have to be on some sort of income based/means tested benefit to get it

Here's the link for entitlement https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/overview hope it's of some help.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    Here's the link for entitlement https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/overview hope it's of some help.
    posted that hours ago ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    posted that hours ago ;-)
    Lol, I haven't woken up yet

Got mine paid first week in December. Was added onto ESA payment so wasn't a seperate payment.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyfedup View Post
    Got mine paid first week in December. Was added onto ESA payment so wasn't a seperate payment.
    Are you on CB ESA or IB ESA?