Thread: Chancellor's speech

Chancellor's speech

Osborne announced today that benefits such as ESA will rise by just 1% per year, because this deficit has to be paid for and we're all in it together.
    He pointed out that people in 'out of work benefits' have had a pay increase twice that of working people since 2007. I think i must have missed something...
    In both years where the inflation rate for September (the determining factor for beneffit uprates the following year) was at 5%, i received an increase of just under 2%. One DWP staff member tried to tell me that my Incapacity Benefit wasn't linked to inflation, another told me that there were deductions made from the age allowance, whatever that is...

So when our fuel bills are going up by £5 or £10 per week, we will get an extra ... 70p in benefit. Yeah, we're all in this together! I'll wait to see what pay increase the Commoners vote for themselves next year. I receive in one month what thay can claim for food expenses in one day.

all we can do googlybear is stand our corners and make our voices heard on forums like these.

just to add to your message while us disabled and out of work are getting penalized left right and center , Osbourne has refused to bring in a mansion tax!

at least today people will know that 'we were never all in this together' like Cameron and his gang tries to claim.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by googlybear View Post
    Osborne announced today that benefits such as ESA will rise by just 1% per year, because this deficit has to be paid for and we're all in it together.
    He pointed out that people in 'out of work benefits' have had a pay increase twice that of working people since 2007. I think i must have missed something...
    In both years where the inflation rate for September (the determining factor for beneffit uprates the following year) was at 5%, i received an increase of just under 2%. One DWP staff member tried to tell me that my Incapacity Benefit wasn't linked to inflation, another told me that there were deductions made from the age allowance, whatever that is...

So when our fuel bills are going up by £5 or £10 per week, we will get an extra ... 70p in benefit. Yeah, we're all in this together! I'll wait to see what pay increase the Commoners vote for themselves next year. I receive in one month what thay can claim for food expenses in one day.
    tough ! there people at work getting pay/hours cut and there bills going up too so dont expect much sympathy from the world