Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PIP and the Blue Badge.

PIP and the Blue Badge.

Am I correct in thinking that with the changeover to PIP & the fact that a lot of people will be declared 'fit', then the amount of BB's in use will also fall, seeing as those in receipt of DLA automatically qualify for one.

There is a consulation going on regarding the BB with the Department of Transport and the DWP. I think they are in favour of 8 points of mobility PIP being eligible for a Blue Badge.

littlebib
    its looking like 8 points. i wonder what will happen about the 1m+ issued on doctors reports etc?

doberg
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebib View Post
    its looking like 8 points. i wonder what will happen about the 1m+ issued on doctors reports etc?
    They shouldn't be issuing any more BB on 'doctor's reports'.

They are now reviewed by an OT as too many GP's in the past were, shall we say' economical with the advice they gave'!

It would solve all of the problems if BB were restricted to only those that had HRM under DLA or 8 points or more under PIP.

Those over 65 would have to show that they had Attendance Allowance as an alternative plus a convincing argument about their mobility problems.

Up to now BB have been doled out like conffetti!!
    Last edited by doberg; 05-12-12 at 12:22.

Quote Originally Posted by doberg View Post
    It would solve all of the problems if BB were restricted to only those that had HRM under DLA or 8 points or more under PIP.
    And not give them automatically to those who receive the War Pensioners Mobility Supplement, those who are registered blind etc who currently automatically qualify?

Rather restrictive just to give them only to 'those that had HRM under DLA or 8 points or more under PIP''

Ian

judas66
    It should be restrictive ! It's been used and abused too easily for far too long ! roll on 2013 to weed out the fakers !

littlebib
    we need swat teams to weed out abusers

doberg
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebib View Post
    we need swat teams to weed out abusers
    Hey we have them in our town already! They are called 'xfor'. The only trouble is that they out number the traffic & council guys 10 to 1. Clobbering ordinary folk for dropping crumbs on the pavement whilst eating a pie is seen as more important. Well it is isn't it? Especially when the council collect £35 everytime they write up a ticket for the 'dropped crumbs' whilst xfor keep the balance of £45 for themselves? Catching BB abusers actually costs money!

Where I work, people park in the Disabled bays without blue badges. Our facilities department let them as well, even if they aren't actually disabled.

poor show, we have NO disabled bays in my town.