Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATOS - Left Hand Does Not Know What The Right Hand Is Doing! (help)

Unhappy ATOS - Left Hand Does Not Know What The Right Hand Is Doing! (help)

Hello

Atos are hounding me really badly I turned up in chronic pain for an assessment and passed out. The assessor told me I would not have to come back. This was changed and they re-scheduled the appointment

This was then changed by phone again and I was told due to GP evidence, I was awarded a taxi (as per last time) I also asked for it to be recorded at this point. He said someone would be back in touch to arrange another appointment when the recording equipment would be available (This man was nice)

The appointment was then changed again by phone. But the woman who called was bitchy and said she had no knowledge of my asking it to be recorded OR of my GP evidence (which was faxed) for a taxi. She flatly told me the new date is 10th December. So I told her, if it's not recorded and I have no taxi - then I will NOT be attending as I am too sick. I told her to make a note of this and she said someone would be back in touch - no-one has been.

I am bedridden due to pain most of the time due to major surgeries (more to come). Will my ESA (WRAG) be stopped if I don't attend? (which I cannot without a taxi to the door). Is it THEIR fault that no-one has been back in touch about this? And can I complain if my ESA is stopped? I am worried and it's not helping my health It's making me worse.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by KatherynH View Post
    Hello

Atos are hounding me really badly I turned up in chronic pain for an assessment and passed out. The assessor told me I would not have to come back. This was changed and they re-scheduled the appointment

This was then changed by phone again and I was told due to GP evidence, I was awarded a taxi (as per last time) I also asked for it to be recorded at this point. He said someone would be back in touch to arrange another appointment when the recording equipment would be available (This man was nice)

The appointment was then changed again by phone. But the woman who called was bitchy and said she had no knowledge of my asking it to be recorded OR of my GP evidence (which was faxed) for a taxi. She flatly told me the new date is 10th December. So I told her, if it's not recorded and I have no taxi - then I will NOT be attending as I am too sick. I told her to make a note of this and she said someone would be back in touch - no-one has been.

I am bedridden due to pain most of the time due to major surgeries (more to come). Will my ESA (WRAG) be stopped if I don't attend? (which I cannot without a taxi to the door). Is it THEIR fault that no-one has been back in touch about this? And can I complain if my ESA is stopped? I am worried and it's not helping my health It's making me worse.
    you can ask for them to record your medical but have no right to make them record it,and yes if you dont go atos will return your file to dwp and close it

not sure what you can complain about ?
    Last edited by davewhit; 04-12-12 at 17:14.

Quote Originally Posted by KatherynH View Post
    Hello

Hi Katheryn,
    so sorry to hear of your pain and distress.
    If I were you I would ring the dwp who are dealing with your clam and tell them what is happening. Also write to the D.maker so no excuses can be made.
    I ended up doing this due to the b*lls up atos made of my case. It ended that the dwp faxed through documents to stop the hounding of me and I was put in the support group with no medical.

Outrageous, can't believe they're getting away with treating people like footballs

doberg
    Quote Originally Posted by googlybear View Post
    Outrageous, can't believe they're getting away with treating people like footballs
    If you just accept that there are many at ATOS and at the DWP that think that benefit claimants are 'scum', you will start to understand why you are made to feel as you do in dealings with them.

There have been many instances of staff actually being 'found out', generally through Facebook and have been sacked.

I'm assuming this is a re-assessment on your claim and a home visit was not asked for or was and not permitted?
    Whenever confusion creeps into claims as to who said what,when and with whoever it usually ends in tears for the claimant. Sticking to your guns is your right, whether it's always the right choice only time will tell.

Thanks for all the kind words and advice. No, I never requested a home visit, but was awarded (their) Taxis (paid for by them), even though I was too sick to be assessed (I turned up). My next appointment was made for 3rd December. This was cancelled by them by a nice ATOS young bloke. He told me I was STILL awarded (their) Taxis (due to my GP evidence submitted) but because I asked for it to be recorded - he said I'd get another appointment when the equipment was available and someone would be in touch. A woman did get back in touch and rearranged it for 10th December. BUT she was quite nasty when she said she has NO knowledge of my recording request OR my entitlement to (their) Taxis. I told her to make a note of it, and she said someone will be back in touch (nothing). I said otherwise I am NOT fit to attend. Yes, I am sticking to my guns, and am not attending on the 10th. I will complain if they stop my money as there has obviously been a breakdown in communication somewhere. I'll keep you up to date :/ I am actually frightened to call them at the moment :/ after the nasty woman I got last time.

Don't be deceived by ATOS staff who seem 'nice', somewhere between there and the not so nice decision maker is where things go wrong.

Update :- Well ATOS never got back in touch with me as they said they would And I am way to ill at the moment to attend tomorrow (10th). Will keep you updated, but I am expecting my ESA (WRAG) to be stopped for failure to attend the assessment. How long do you wait before you get told your money is stopped? (I have little savings, and no other money coming in - except low rate DLA of about 70 a month). Also can you complain if your money is stopped due to ATOS not getting back in touch with you, when they said they would? My WFI's are not taking place as Jobcentreplus advisor phoned to say that I did not have to attend them (at least for now - maybe because I was so ill at the last one. No idea). Worried sick about not attending tomorrow BUT they HAVE got GP evidence stating that I am NOT fit for public transport (I don't drive, and have no driver or car available to take me) ATOS is about a 40 minute car ride from my house. By the time I arrived there for my last one on 23rd Oct with (ATOS Taxi) - I was so ill, they could not carry out the assessment, and I had to be carried back into the Taxi. Will keep you updated as to whether my money gets stopped or not.

Why don't you push or at least ask for a home visit?
    Given that you are mostly bed bound with chronic pain and have no home or outside support I'm suprised you only get LR DLA and have been put into WRG.