Thread: Warning on QASHQAI +2.

Warning on QASHQAI +2.

Hi

Picked up my Qashqai+2 on Weds - seems a nice car - however..............

When I ordered it I asked and was told whether it was a puch button start as I am struggling with keys etc - I was told it was - but it isn't - well not what I understand to be a push button start.

Its a "virtual key" you have to push in and twist to start the car - not just a simple button.

I did have a test drive but the car was already running when I got in so did not give this a second thought - I feel like such a fool.

I rang the dealer after having it for 1 day and explained my problem - they are looking into getting a push button start fitted for me - so hopefully a happy outcome - but lets wait and see.

On the plus side the 4x4 should come in useful if we get the snow that is promised..........however the mpg is sitting around 18mpg as most my journeys are 1-3 miles and only local - I did 5,000 mile last year ! Its a 2.0 Petrol Tekna.

Dave

littlebib
    if the journeys are all that short i think 20mpg may be par for the course.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by whiteswan123 View Post
    Hi

Picked up my Qashqai+2 on Weds - seems a nice car - however..............

When I ordered it I asked and was told whether it was a puch button start as I am struggling with keys etc - I was told it was - but it isn't - well not what I understand to be a push button start.

Its a "virtual key" you have to push in and twist to start the car - not just a simple button.

I did have a test drive but the car was already running when I got in so did not give this a second thought - I feel like such a fool.

I rang the dealer after having it for 1 day and explained my problem - they are looking into getting a push button start fitted for me - so hopefully a happy outcome - but lets wait and see.

On the plus side the 4x4 should come in useful if we get the snow that is promised..........however the mpg is sitting around 18mpg as most my journeys are 1-3 miles and only local - I did 5,000 mile last year ! Its a 2.0 Petrol Tekna.

Dave
    I love mine i only have the 5 seater im getting 33.9mpg petrol but i dont drive to far enjoy ur new car

I did lots of miles in my old 5-seat QQ 1.5 Diesel Tekna and managed an average of 41mpg with lows of 34.2mpg and highs of 56.5mpg over 3 years and 36,525 miles.

The Intelligent Key is very handy but not as good as the push-button start in my CMax so I can understand why it would cause an issue. The QQ gets you to turn a plastic key where you'd place your normal key (in the ignition) and press a button next to the key at the same time (with the same hand), it takes a while to get the knack of it.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I have a qashqai ntec 1.4 diesel.Comfiest seats i have ever sat in! Neck problems are eased with the reverse camera and steering is nice and light. On the downside i am just waiting for atos to take it off me now.they have already stopped esa.Awaiting upper tribunal on that matter.

littlebib
    atos stands for Am gonna Take you Off Support