Thread: ESA WRAG 18 month prognosis - reassessment date?

ESA WRAG 18 month prognosis - reassessment date?

Hi,

I wonder if someone with experience of this can maybe clarify something for me?

I've been given a 'medium term', 18 month prognosis for ESA in the WRAG and I just want to confirm from someone with a personal experience of this if I will be recalled 18 months after the ESA award date or sometime sooner than 18 months?

I know the DWP can be unpredictable but what is their general approach to review dates? Do they accept in full the advice of the doctor from ATOS?

Cheers

[QUOTE=Caravaggio;21626]Hi,

I wonder if someone with experience of this can maybe clarify something for me?

I've been given a 'medium term', 18 month prognosis for ESA in the WRAG and I just want to confirm from someone with a personal experience of this if I will be recalled 18 months after the ESA award date or sometime sooner than 18 months?

I know the DWP can be unpredictable but what is their general approach to review dates? Do they accept in full the advice of the doctor from ATOS?

Cheers[/QUOTE
    As you say the DWP are very unpredictable and as such there can be no guarantee of anything and they have the right to send you for assessment at any time they choose.
    Having said that, generally speaking, unless they are prompted otherwise they will stick to the original prognosis especially if the DM is in agreement with the ATOS advice. It also depends on the wording, are they saying that they don't expect you to be fit enough to find work for at least another 18 months?
    HOWEVER, if that is not what they are saying then being in WG you will be expected to attend certain programmes designed at helping you find work and indeed do some sort of work be it voluntary or training. You must attend these programmes or run the risk of sanctions. So although it may say 18 months being in WG means they have expectations of you whilst in this group.

vikstar
    As already stated, they are unpredictable. However, even if they stick to the 18 months prognosis, you should expect to receive a new ESA50 a few months before this. This is to allow for you to fill in and return the ESA50, and any resulting admin such as the arrangment of a F2F, if they think one is needed.

many thanks guys

C