Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: account for people on benefits

account for people on benefits

hi i know many people on benefits have problems opening bank accounts well i think ive found the answer , also some of you may want a second account?..
    ive just opened a "POCKET" account it cost me 99p to open NO CREDIT CHECK and mastercard in post instantly , it says you can pay wages or benefits in , no overdraft ..
    i will post the link shortly ..
    i cant understand why ive always struggled in the past to open accounts but as ive said this account has no overdraft or branches , its all done online ..
    i completed the application (very simple) and was sent an email to confirm my account , then i logged in and to be honest it was a lot more professsional than my natwest online experience.
    i think these accounts are the way to go , they do cost 99p a month to have but money well spent as you cannot get into debt using one of these accounts , you can also pay in cash at a paypoint or somebody can pay into your account and you can purchase anything online ..
    these accounts are very basic but at least your guaranteed to be excepted whats not to like

this is the link hope it helps any of you who need a account .https://hello.pockit.com/lp/prepaid?...dium=affiliate

I use these so that I have an emergency debit card in case my main bank card ever gets cloned again.

Be warned though, it's not 99p a month, they charge for most transactions too: https://www.pockit.com/what-it-costs.html

with this pockit account you pay 99p a month (if you pay in £500 a month there is no monthly fee) . transactions are free , but if you use it to draw cash from a ATM theres a 99p fee .
    the reason transactions are free i guess is because they make something from the seller in a transaction.
    the 99p a month i can live with works out at £11.88 a year and as i will only be using it for transactions its ideal , i estimate with my natwest account i make hundreds of contactless payments of under £5 like coffee , newspapers, weetabix , bread etc , these small amount "clutter" my main account and so i will use the pockit account to make my main account easier to read ..
    all my big transactions £100+ i will probally still put through my main account .

I still use the same account as I opened back when I was 16 and on a youth training scheme, had no reason to switch really.

I think most banks have basic accounts that are supposed to be accessible to everyone.

got my wonderful pockit card this morning :0 im going to top up £100 this morning and that will be used for all my transactions , after a while i may even have my benefits paid onto it.
    i love the easy access online much easier than new EXTRA security thats just been rolled out on my natwest account , ware i need card readers and security codes texed to my phone just to log on

I'm so pleased with how the pockit account works I've decided to have my DWP payments paid in to it , please note it only possible to pay in a max of £1500 a month , but signing into it is so easy that I'm making the switch away from natwests over the top security update with the need to keep getting Tex's and having to use card reader all the time , after all you can put all the security you like on an account but if your going to write down your passwords or give it out to everyone its your own fault not the banks ..
    Also pockit allow you to have lots of accounts so you can divide up your banking and get around the £1500 max per card limit (not that I have more than £1500 going on the card per month)

Way back in 1985 I started banking with Giro Bank which I could use at the Post Office. Giro was then taken over by the Alliance and Leicester and I could still use the PO then they were taken over by Santander which you can still use at the PO. Plus you get access to all the Link Machines plus you get a Debit Card, all for free. All transactions are free as long as you remain in credit plus all my benefits are paid in and you can have an OD facility on your account that you only pay for if you use it.
    All in all Id recommend Santander PS I forgot to mention Its also Internet based so you can have access to your account 24/7 365 days a year (even bank holidays and Sundays and dont worry its quite secure and safe and Santander a big bank so your moneys quite safe
    Last edited by StueyR; 07-09-19 at 16:02.

im not going back in time im going forward i was one of the first to move form ESA to UC.
    pockit is a fantastic online account for me and simple to use (modern)..
    heres somethings you may not see in 10years on the british high street >> pubs (other than big chain ones) >banks >jobcentres>postoffices>papershops >phoneboxes > betting shops> people using cash..

UPDATE UPDATE ,, having enjoyed ALL the services POCKIT provides and having had no issues with the card (100+ small transactions) i have withdrawn ALL funds except £50 i had in it after stumbling on this thread https://www.aspokesmansaid.com/money...-6305/pockit/1