Thread: ESA f2f reports & time to next reassessment

ESA f2f reports & time to next reassessment

Afternoon gang

I received the dreaded ESA50 reassessment pack back in February. It was returned in March and I then got notified at the beginning of August of a face to face assessment for two weeks later.

Although I fully expected a face to face for prior reassessments, I was surprised this time around. Previously had I been misdiagnosed but now, with a correct unequivocal diagnosis and supporting consultant letters I was hoping for a paper based decision. In fact, the HCP at the face to face started the assessment by saying he too was baffled as to why I’d been called in.

Anyway, the HCP made it clear from the start that he believed I should remain in the support group and said they he believed I met all 4 parts of the severe condition criteria and that he would recommend that I shouldn’t be called for a f2f reassessment in the future (unless anything changed of course). Knowing what the HCP recommends and what the DWP DM goes with are two different things, I wasn’t holding my breath.

Once I received the decision letter (support group, as expected) I phoned the DWP for a copy of the ESA85 report. The first two calls I gave up on after being on hold for over an hour. On the third attempt I spoke to a lady and asked for the ESA85 report. She said she couldn’t do it and would email my local job centre to request it.

Today I get the brown envelope containing the report. However, it is the LT54 document and not the ESA85 one that I asked for. What has concerned me is the first line states “Mr Chip has mental health problems”. I have MANY conditions and symptoms, but mental health isn’t one of them. It then goes on to say that I should be reassessed in 3 years time. Also, the bottom of the paper says there should be 6 pages and they have only sent 4.

Not being able to face calling the DWP again I’ve written to them asking, again, for the ESA85 report. However, is there a time limit for requesting this? Also, as I am in the support group, is there any point in mentioning the DM report has completely the wrong illness for me? Although this does clearly show how the DWP continue to get even the basic of claimant’s information wrong and is a worry that life changing decisions are being made on such mistakes!!

Chip

i shouldnt question the result to much as you may trigger something .. also i had the same thing when i called them they only sent half of the reports i asked for , and like you i just put it in the folder and didnt bother chasing the rest ..