Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware Scam from Transcom Worldwide uk Ltd

hi all im new i got a letter from a transcom saying i owe £564.99 to arrow global iv not a clue wot its bout i googled transcom it lead me ere as any1 contacted them (if youv ad a bill of them) cheers

hi just an idea but contact orange directly ask them mate id think that orange would of tryed get any outstanding bills bfor a debt agancy 9yrs is a hell of a long time id not trust it plus i ashumed after 7yrs a debt is un-collectable

Quote Originally Posted by missjayne View Post
    hi all im new i got a letter from a transcom saying i owe £564.99 to arrow global iv not a clue wot its bout i googled transcom it lead me ere as any1 contacted them (if youv ad a bill of them) cheers
    Just do what I did in this post http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ll=1#post23951 I haven't been contacted since.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

In the first instance you should send out a letter requesting them to produce the original Agreement or anything with your signature upon it.

Enclose a Postal Order for £1 and give them 30 days to respond.

Clearly, in most cases, there will be no Agreement, and you will either never hear again, or a short, curt letter stating they have closed their file.

If you are ever in doubt with these letters, and believe you don't owe a debt, you should always, always ask them to prove the debt. No photocopied Agreement, must be original.

If over 6 years, the alleged debt is statute barred in any event.

If you are unsure about how to word your letter, download the template from Moneysaving expert. I have a template in my computer, however, I don't know how to put it on here. Any ideas you techies?

Quote Originally Posted by susieboots View Post

If over 6 years, the alleged debt is statute barred in any event.
    Very true Susie. 6 years in England and 5 in Scotland. But only if the debt hasn't been acknowledged in writing and/or no payment has been made during that time. Ensure if you send them a £1 PO you make it clear it is only to be used for the cost of providing your S77/78 request eg agreement and is to be used for no other prupose. Also mark on the letter ' I do not acknowledge any debt to your company' in Capitals. And do not sign the letter.

Correct SFU, I omitted to put that, my head is in the wrong place at the mo. I am still seething from another thread re £1M paid in bonus to ATOS Chief Ggrrr. Hope you are well and enjoying the lovely weather.

If you are unsure about how to word your letter, download the template from Moneysaving expert. I have a template in my computer, however, I don't know how to put it on here. Any ideas you techies?
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/att...ebtsletter.rtf
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Paul to the rescue again, cheers mate.

Correct SFU, I omitted to put that, my head is in the wrong place at the mo. I am still seething from another thread re £1M paid in bonus to ATOS Chief Ggrrr. Hope you are well and enjoying the lovely weather.
    Detest the debt collecting industry, it's yet another murky corrupt industry of profiteering. Have had pretty bad results from vascular clinic last week. Given appointment next week to discuss possible bypass options. Weather is lovely and long may the sun continue to shine. Nothing nicer than wakening to a sunny morning, and watching the baby birds getting their flying lessons. Was in knots watching them yesterday. I don't tolerate heat very well due to diabetic autonomic nerve damage, so stay in the shade when sun is strongest.

I know this is an old post but I've just had a text message from Transcom, as follows ....

Please contact Transcom as a matter of urgency quoting your reference number AG******. The number to call is 01132123046. Thank you.

I took a little look on google and found this thread
    so I joined.
    I don't have things off ebay and I have NEVER banked or bought anything online.

hmmmmm !