Thread: What does an ATOS doctor do???

doberg

What does an ATOS doctor do???

I am in the midst of a mountain of paperwork that relates to disciplinary action being taken by both the GMC and ATOS over the poor quality of an assessment that was carried out on relating to a benefit claim I made.

It seems that neither the GMC or ATOS seem to know what is required of a qualified doctor that ATOS employ.

The latest missive from the GMC seems to sum up exactly what happens yet ATOS refuse to make any meaningful comment other than to deny anything and everything!

I do wonder how much truth there is in what the GMC say -

"...........doctors who carry out assessments for ATOS are NOT required to physically examine patients or consider any medical report or records. Their remit is to observe and assess the patient on the day of the assessment and report their findings to ATOS, who make the final decision regarding benefit payments. We do not have the jurisdiction to investigate the actions or policies of ATOS."
    Suffice it to say I have emailed ATOS asking for their opinion and comment. Probably I will not hear anything from them other than to deny once again, that they have any responsibility over a doctor's actions or report whilst he/she is in their employ.

davewhit
    "Their remit is to observe and assess "

so they can look at you and write what they want,and its correct

another dr looks at you might even get your heart listen too thats correct

but regardless of what they think DWP DM has final word

IMO going after atos dr is a waste of energy

doberg
    Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post

IMO going after atos dr is a waste of energy
    You think so?

I'm still in first gear at the moment! Once I have gathered sufficient and the right type of evidence, and have asked all parties to confirm or deny my allegations, I will be issuing a Writ out of the Small Claims Court against both ATOS and the doctor.

The Writ will cite one or both, which basically means that both will possibly end up blaming the other and I take a back seat.

Then we can get everything out into the open.

I have already successfully had a County Court Judgement made against ATOS last year in respect of libel. They accepted that they were wrong (they had to - I had the document that they completed and attempted to withold). All of my costs plus £25 in damages were paid to me. I was hoping that I could put the bailiffs in!!

This current case is a lot more important - £19,000 important!!! It relates to unpaid benefit from 2004 to 2011 which cannot be paid to me due to backdating regulations. The doctor in question caused the problem back in 2004 and in 2011 I obtained the DWP's agreement that the 2004 decision was wrong and that legally I am now entitled to that money and would have received it had it not been for those regulations.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by doberg View Post
    You think so?

I'm still in first gear at the moment! Once I have gathered sufficient and the right type of evidence, and have asked all parties to confirm or deny my allegations, I will be issuing a Writ out of the Small Claims Court against both ATOS and the doctor.

The Writ will cite one or both, which basically means that both will possibly end up blaming the other and I take a back seat.

Then we can get everything out into the open.

I have already successfully had a County Court Judgement made against ATOS last year in respect of libel. They accepted that they were wrong (they had to - I had the document that they completed and attempted to withold). All of my costs plus £25 in damages were paid to me. I was hoping that I could put the bailiffs in!!

This current case is a lot more important - £19,000 important!!! It relates to unpaid benefit from 2004 to 2011 which cannot be paid to me due to backdating regulations. The doctor in question caused the problem back in 2004 and in 2011 I obtained the DWP's agreement that the 2004 decision was wrong and that legally I am now entitled to that money and would have received it had it not been for those regulations.
    the dr in question is still working for the dwp they made the decision and dwp regulations stop you being paid ..... that said good luck

what them next stop all benefits and say if your well enough to do all the paperwork and brain work needed to sue your well enough to work ;-)

doberg
    Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    the dr in question is still working for the dwp they made the decision and dwp regulations stop you being paid ..... that said good luck

what them next stop all benefits and say if your well enough to do all the paperwork and brain work needed to sue your well enough to work ;-)
    My ESA award was based entirely on mobilising - so working, as long as I don't have to walk distances of over 50 metres, is more than possible. There is nothing wrong with my brain or indeed any other part of me except my legs that would stop me from working.

Who said that you have to be too sick to work? It doesn't appear in any of the ESA regulations that I have read.
    You don't have to prove that you are too sick to work, you only have to prove that you fit one or more descriptors and gain 15 points or more!