Thread: Bank statements

Bank statements

Hi it's just a quick question asking if anyone knows how far back banks can go to get bank statements. I'm thinking early 2000s and wondering if it's possible.

I went to the bank and ordered statements back to 1995.They will take up to 10 days to get to us

I managed to get some statements going back six years once when I needed them for an income tax appeal that I made with my business, but I have never tried further than that.

Back to 1995 is impressive. I'm surprised that the bank would keep records from that long ago. Are they charging much for recovering the statements? I was charged £6 per sheet when I did just six years worth. (Although it was a business account)

Kine my bank TSB just asked how far I wanted to go back and never mentioned a charge .I was just told it would be up to 10 days before we got them.

Nice to hear about a bank being helpful for once Jane.

With computers and digital records nowadays, it should really just be a couple of presses on buttons for the bank to pull up records and print them off, but as I said in my last post, anything business related is seen by the bank as a chance to make a few quid.

All the bank statements arrived today by post after a very nice lady in the bank chased them up.We tweaked the dates as well so we didn't need as many as we thought.All the info is on that we need.
    No charge for them either.

That's good service Jane. Glad you got sorted.