Thread: New job (unpaid)

New job (unpaid)

Things happen all at once.

I've been offered two forum moderation jobs today.

Members here who mod elsewhere know that such offers are like hens teeth.
    To get one is rare, to get two invitations on the same day is probably unheard of.

I've taken one up with the user forum for a very well known international company who are part of a well known Anti-virus company. No pay, but it's all good for the CV and could lead to a paid moderator job in future.

Even better - I've got a WFI tomorrow, so have sonething to tell them that will keep them happy for another six months.

I'm still going to be here of course, there are priorities after all.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Nice one Nuke , hope you enjoy your new job.

RaspberryRipple
    Amazing news! Good luck Nukecad and thank you for all your advice and support on this forum. I’m glad you will still be here as well.

Rasy

As it's now official, and anyone visiting that forum can now see from my status that I'm a moderator there, I can revel that it's the Piriform user forum.
    https://forum.piriform.com/

Piriform are responsible for CCleaner, Defraggler, Speccy, and Recuva.
    CCleaner and Recuva in particular are very well know to computer techies, and CCleaner to lots of less techie users.
    They also have a new web browser in development, it's in beta testing and you can download and try it if you like.
    Although they used to be an independent company they are now owned by Avast, the anti-virus people.

I was a bit surprised to be asked to mod there, because I've been quite critical on the forum of some of the recent changes to CCleaner.
    But there again so were some of the existing mods, so maybe that's what they were looking for a bit of independent thinking.

It will be fun at my WFI this afternoon to watch my work coaches' face light up when I tell her I've got a new job, then watch it fall again when I say it's voluntary/unpaid.
    But I'll temper that by asking for a PW1, because I have also got a small paid job lined up as well, a one-off drawing up some plans for a building extension.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Well done Nukecad it's well deserved

Well done Nukecad, I hope it leads on to all that you'd wish for yourself, after all the help you've given to so many people on here.