Thread: SDA Had a letter for new doctors Paper.

SDA Had a letter for new doctors Paper.

Hi.

Im on SDA/income support and basically since I started getting SDA at 16 ive had to hand a doctors paper into the DWP 1 a year (they normally do them 1 year terms).I've been expecting a phone call about them starting the process of ESA etc I was just wondering is it normal they still ask for a doctors paper when this process is going on?

the last 2 years have been horrendous i've been waiting for the call

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    Hi.

Im on SDA/income support and basically since I started getting SDA at 16 ive had to hand a doctors paper into the DWP 1 a year (they normally do them 1 year terms).I've been expecting a phone call about them starting the process of ESA etc I was just wondering is it normal they still ask for a doctors paper when this process is going on?

the last 2 years have been horrendous i've been waiting for the call
    They will send you a letter telling you first. It will also say that they will be calling you at home and then the process starts. I don't think you will be asked to provide a note but it doesn't hurt your case to send one and many people do.
    Try not to worry it will only make you feel worse and things aren't always as painful as some stories here make it seem, many sail through the process without problems.