Thread: DLA and ESA Abroad?

DLA and ESA Abroad?

I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to my questions

I receive ESA Contribution Based in the Support Group.

I receive Lower rate Mobility and Middle rate care DLA

1) If I moved to another EU country could I still receive these benefits either permanently or for only a short period of time, if so what is the time period?

2) If I moved to another NONE - EU country could I still receive these benefits either permanently or for only a short period of time, if so what is the time period?

3) If I visit a None EU Country could I still receive these benefits and how long can I be outside of the UK?

Any help appreciated
    Last edited by lastfirst; 21-11-12 at 20:08.

1) Which country - it will be a None EU country

2) reason for visit is it holiday or treatment - I need to know the awnser to both -

1) If I moved to another EU country could I still receive these benefits either permanently or for only a short period of time, if so what is the time period?

2) If I moved to another NONE - EU country could I still receive these benefits either permanently or for only a short period of time, if so what is the time period?

3) If I visit a None EU Country just to visit/holiday could I still receive these benefits and how long can I be outside of the UK?

dla which do you get ? Middle rate £51.85 care, lower rate care £20.55

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    As you get ESA you have to ask DWP for permission to go abroad what ever the reason if Holiday they would stop ESA DLA after so many weeks about 26 weeks

you can get dla aborad know people in Spain with it

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/...t-and-support/

http://www.dls.org.uk/advice/factshe...its_abroad.pdf

Benefits abroad is a mine field some people telephone dwp just to ask basic questions and they get stopped till they know in writing what your doing
    Non EU states are a different kettle of fish, athough there are exceptions, a list of which can be found on the DWP site, as can the regs that apply to benefits abroad.
    DW is right on the 26 weeks but that would apply if it was for treatment etc not a holiday.
    DW is also right in saying that this is a minefield and therefore enter it at your peril, even the regs aren't as clear cut as they may appear on the surface. It's true that some have had their benefits suspended merely for enquiring.