Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Information on transfer from ib to esa please.

Information on transfer from ib to esa please.

Hi all. I have had chronic asthma since childhood. I was unable to hold down full time job and have been on incapacity benefit since age of 22. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis at age of 45 because of steroid medication for asthma. I also suffer from panic attacks and anxiety and at times find it difficult to go outdoors at times. On medication for all complaints. Today had phone call from DWP and should receive Limited Capability for Work Questionaire next week. This has made anxiety and asthma worse. I am 58 years. Does anyone have any info that would help. Thank you

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by lizrob View Post
    Hi all. I have had chronic asthma since childhood. I was unable to hold down full time job and have been on incapacity benefit since age of 22. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis at age of 45 because of steroid medication for asthma. I also suffer from panic attacks and anxiety and at times find it difficult to go outdoors at times. On medication for all complaints. Today had phone call from DWP and should receive Limited Capability for Work Questionaire next week. This has made anxiety and asthma worse. I am 58 years. Does anyone have any info that would help. Thank you
    Have a read of this thread, there may be info there that will help, http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ll=1#post17676

Fill in the form and tell them everything that is wrong with you from the most major down to most minor . If you have a corn on your foot tell them . If you only have 1 leg tell them . I added 6 extra pages when i sent mine in , Basically gave them 30 years of my medical history telling them what has happened and if it still affects me .What my disabilities are any related medical conditions any unrelated medical conditions . Do not forget to add a copy of your rep-eat presciption

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post
    Have a read of this thread, there may be info there that will help, http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ll=1#post17676
    More helpful info may be found here, http://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/s...itions/asthma/

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post
    More helpful info may be found here, http://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/s...itions/asthma/
    You should receive your ESA50 questionnaire within a week or so, you can use the Pdf version if you want which can be downloaded and saved to your computer, here,
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_195544.pdf

You could start filling it in now to give yourself a head start, you will only have 4 weeks to fill it in and return it to ATOS once you receive the one through the post.

Thanks vikstar for the threads. Had a quick read and there is some good info about asthma on peak flow readings. Mine is only about half of what it should be for my age. I have attended respiratory clinics for most of my life and when I was up 6 weeks ago, said asthma was not under control. That was me on a good day too.

Stig. thanks I will write everything down.

Vikstar and Stig, I have also been getting lower care and mobility component award indefinitely for about 6 years. Should I write that down too.

You can find invaluable information on the Benifits and Work web site.I foundthe adviceextreemly helpful.
    I went to job centre+ and asked for an ESA50 before it was sent so I could get used to the layout etc.
    Take you time filling this out as you only have one chance and tell them EVERYTHING. You need to score 15 points and elsewhere on this site is a link to the score sheet so you can see how you are doing.This is a VERY stressful time and you need to speak to your GP asap as ATOS will write to him/her once you have sent in the ESA50 so get your GP on side.

When you come to send it in the pay extra for the letter to be recorded and tracked as from my experience these forms go missing until you prove you sent the letter then they are mysteriously found. Strange that! You can see where your letter is in the system on line and print off the delivery notice with the signature of the person recieving the letter. Keep as evidence if required at a later date.
    Good luck.

thanks for the info Bromley Health. I have had a look at the ESA50 form online. I`m not that clued up on pc, Can I type into that and print it off. I do have a lot of info to write in because I have a long medical history of severe asthma and related illness caused through meds. Or do I have to print it off first, then write info in. I`m also confused to the 15 points. Do I need to score one 15 or a total of 15. You are correct about stress factor this brings. I am really dreading it.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by lizrob View Post
    thanks for the info Bromley Health. I have had a look at the ESA50 form online. I`m not that clued up on pc, Can I type into that and print it off. I do have a lot of info to write in because I have a long medical history of severe asthma and related illness caused through meds. Or do I have to print it off first, then write info in. I`m also confused to the 15 points. Do I need to score one 15 or a total of 15. You are correct about stress factor this brings. I am really dreading it.
    down load and save blank form then you can reopen type and save again and again

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_195544.pdf