Thread: The Saga of Scottish Power - Part 3

The Saga of Scottish Power - Part 3

Some of the longstanding members here will remember my ongoing saga with Scottish Power over my electricity bill.

If anyones interested here are my previous posts about this from 2015 and 2017:
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...m-of-a-problem
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...ifted-%C2%A35k

Basically due to a foul up I have not paid an electricity bill since 2014.

They kept sending bills with "For information only. You don't have to take any action".
    Whenever I tried to set up payments they just kept saying 'The computer says there is no payment to be made, wait for your next bill'.

After a number of years of this and some messing about with me setting up payments from ESA and then SP cancelling them before anything was paid, and then a protracted email back and forth about payment of the balance, in 2017 they paid themselves £5,000 plus out of their own charity fund thus wiping out my bill.

Of course I was supposed to set up a new payment arrangement, but when I tried I was told - 'You don't have a balance to pay - Wait for your next bill'.
    A 'next bill' never arrived, and it's been like that ever since.

They bombard me with letters and emails about rate changes, and having a smart meter fitted, but no billing.

Today I have received an email saying that I must pay the outstanding balance on my account or they will register a default against me.

The outstanding balance? - £353.67

As it's not been paid since it was cleared by that charity payment in 2017 then it should be a couple of thousand not a couple of hundred.

Of course they might have paid themselves out of their charity fund again and not even bothered to tell me?

Time for a long think about what they are playing at now, and what I should do about it.
    TBH I'd half welcome a chance to get this whole matter escalated to court in the hope of getting something finally sorted out.
    Last edited by nukecad; 21-03-19 at 12:53.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.