Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 91

Thread: Key points to know about ATOS

  1. #21
    Member Daisychain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Wales.
    Posts
    70
    I just think how can a doctor who spends 20 minutes with a person say they are fit for work?,when your hospital consultant and GP who know all your history not have a say in it when for example in my case know my 28 years history regarding my spinal issues?

    ATOS have no medical history to go on at all its so bizzarre.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisychain View Post
    ATOS do lie i have heard so many of it going on,my appointment went okay i was only there 20 minutes in total the doctor was polite of sorts,when i showed my hospital appointment letter he kept saying"Its okay i don't need to see it i believe you"and he refused to even look at it,he looked everywhere but at this letter,i now find out he wrote that i never had anything of the sort with me i even use a walking stick he wrote i never had so its that sort of thing,i even mentioned my panic attacks but that was not mentioned at all they seem programmed to lie i even had witnesses with me both my mum and elder sister but still he lied i didn't think to record it its a pity really,so its best to have someone with you and ask your sister to write a note to prove you had got there by car as they do say people arrived by bus even when not true,hope this helps.
    Absolutely disgusting you went to that assessment with good honest intentions, but it seems that ATOS assessor had other ideas what can one say?

  3. #23
    Member Daisychain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Wales.
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomos View Post
    Absolutely disgusting you went to that assessment with good honest intentions, but it seems that ATOS assessor had other ideas what can one say?
    I know they say we are lying when there are no bigger liars than themselves,they leave us speechless!

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisychain View Post
    I just think how can a doctor who spends 20 minutes with a person say they are fit for work?,
    .
    Well lets assume that you did actually see a '' Proper medical Doctor '', my understanding is these so called nurses at Atos are mostly college trained and mainly mid wife nurses?

  5. #25
    Member Daisychain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Wales.
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomos View Post
    Well lets assume that you did actually see a '' Proper medical Doctor '', my understanding is these so called nurses at Atos are mostly college trained and mainly mid wife nurses?
    I hear that they are not registered doctors i am unsure the one i saw was an actual medical GP he seemed flustered and i the patient had to explain things to him as he seemed unsure,i took along an x-ray of my badly curved spine its full of metal work holding it together,he asked me to touch my toes and of course it is not possible to do so as my spine is fused,he wrote i did touch my toes with no bother to be honest my report looks like its been written about an athlete! i sound so fit and healthy in it,i could swear i took part in the olympics this year! i don't think he was registered doctor though as he knew very little and asked me what my health things meant,this is so strange,i do hope yours goes a whole lot better than mine has,i do plan to appeal though as i have been cheated out of points because of lies,ah well it happens to many.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomos View Post
    Well lets assume that you did actually see a '' Proper medical Doctor '', my understanding is these so called nurses at Atos are mostly college trained and mainly mid wife nurses?
    ATOS employ a mix of health care professionals, including some doctors. But the fact is they are not there to diagnose. They are there to assess whether you are capable of some type of work.
    Unfortunately - as seen on Panorama and Despatches a few weeks ago - the assessors are told how to assess people based on strict guidelines issued to ATOS by the DWP.
    They are not going to have time to fire a lot of questions at you either. The assessors line of questioning will be based on the answers you put on your ESA50 form. If there are things you didn't put on that form which are relevant you will need to try to be quite clear about them in the time allowed, which is usually about 40 minutes.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Carneucopia View Post
    ATOS employ a mix of health care professionals, including some doctors. But the fact is they are not there to diagnose. They are there to assess whether you are capable of some type of work.
    Unfortunately - as seen on Panorama and Despatches a few weeks ago - the assessors are told how to assess people based on strict guidelines issued to ATOS by the DWP.
    They are not going to have time to fire a lot of questions at you either. The assessors line of questioning will be based on the answers you put on your ESA50 form. If there are things you didn't put on that form which are relevant you will need to try to be quite clear about them in the time allowed, which is usually about 40 minutes.
    Hi Carneucopia

    My appointment is still going ahead for next week and my sister will be going me, i've also requested a recording to be done by Atos i just hope they will not deny me this on the day with some reason, or put the opposite of every answer i tell them about my illness?

  8. #28
    doberg
    Guest
    I do wish people would understand what actually happens at a F2F assessment.

    The computer software that ATOS uses has various drop down box entries. They pick the nearest that seems to fit. That entry will then open another drop down box and so on.

    Yes the ATOS assessor does have the option to over ride the system and make manual entries based on what you are saying. But the assessor has to have a very good reason why that is the preferred choice.

    ATOS encourage the use of the software on it's own.

    The assessor when choosing the relevant computer answer to what you say could well end up making the final report look absolutely stupid.

    It's the computer software that makes the decisions not the assessor.

    Like the old saying, put rubbish in and you will get rubbish out.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by doberg View Post
    I do wish people would understand what actually happens at a F2F assessment.

    The computer software that ATOS uses has various drop down box entries. They pick the nearest that seems to fit. That entry will then open another drop down box and so on.
    t.
    Hmm as already been discused in other threads my assessment will not be done by the LiMa Computer soft ware, mine will be an actual written assessment?

  10. #30
    davewhit
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by doberg View Post
    I do wish people would understand what actually happens at a F2F assessment.

    The computer software that ATOS uses has various drop down box entries. They pick the nearest that seems to fit. That entry will then open another drop down box and so on.

    Yes the ATOS assessor does have the option to over ride the system and make manual entries based on what you are saying. But the assessor has to have a very good reason why that is the preferred choice.

    ATOS encourage the use of the software on it's own.

    The assessor when choosing the relevant computer answer to what you say could well end up making the final report look absolutely stupid.

    It's the computer software that makes the decisions not the assessor.

    Like the old saying, put rubbish in and you will get rubbish out.
    The only person who makes a decision is the DM based on ESA50 any evidance from person GP and atos report

    too much notice is taken of atos report and while the law says DM can pick which he takes more notice of would help if gp was taken more notice of

Similar Threads

  1. atos medical, & now got focused interview but no letter to tell me points Help please
    By mickytrek in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-06-14, 11:40
  2. Need ADVISE ATOS ESA assessment points scoring
    By allpine99 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-03-14, 23:58
  3. Is 15 points what you have to score in total? ATOS worries for Epileptic...
    By red Richard in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28-09-13, 08:25
  4. appealing 12 points after atos assesement
    By rokford in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-07-13, 09:30
  5. I'm In The ZERO-POINTS Club :( ATOS phoned today :(
    By KatherynH in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-03-13, 11:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •