Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Key points to know about ATOS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Key points to know about ATOS

Now that i'm preparing myself for my appointment with ATOS i want to be able to get my illness across while the assessor asks thousands of questions about me, this assessment will give ATOS an idea ON what types of activities i'm likely to be able to do if found fit for work?

As i said before i do not want to be pushed around by anyone at the Atos centre, and they have already stated that any physical or mental illness needs to be properly diagnosed? but according to my Doctor who has actually been to uni has a medical degree in doctrine as told me that there is no diagnostic test that can tell if someone is actually terribly depressed or even if you you suffer from anxiety attacks? My medication and my treatment from my Doctor's for over 20 yrs, plus all the medical reports on my illness is all that tells me that i'm suffering from a mental condition that stops me from doing things.

Now the scary thing is that these ( health care nurses that work for ATOS are not medically trained like my Doctor? how should one come across when being assessed? also i will be secretly recording my assessment as proof that i had explained fully to the assessor key points about my illness.

Do not need to record interview secretly you can ask for interview to be recorded as this is official if you get caught secretly recording then you could have problem so please ask for official recording

Quote Originally Posted by uday View Post
    Do not need to record interview secretly you can ask for interview to be recorded as this is official if you get caught secretly recording then you could have problem so please ask for official recording
    But even if you request a recording don't ATOS try and deny this on the day? if i request this now will there be time for ATOS to set this up as ive only a week left before i attend?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomos View Post
    But even if you request a recording don't ATOS try and deny this on the day? if i request this now will there be time for ATOS to set this up as ive only a week left before i attend?
    Thomos, you can try it will be on records at least if you go to trib. put it on writing

davewhit
    Now that i'm preparing myself for my appointment with ATOS i want to be able to get my illness across while the assessor asks thousands of questions about me, this assessment will give ATOS an idea ON what types of activities i'm likely to be able to do if found fit for work?

As i said before i do not want to be pushed around by anyone at the Atos centre, and they have already stated that any physical or mental illness needs to be properly diagnosed? but according to my Doctor who has actually been to uni has a medical degree in doctrine as told me that there is no diagnostic test that can tell if someone is actually terribly depressed or even if you you suffer from anxiety attacks? My medication and my treatment from my Doctor's for over 20 yrs, plus all the medical reports on my illness is all that tells me that i'm suffering from a mental condition that stops me from doing things.

Now the scary thing is that these ( health care nurses that work for ATOS are not medically trained like my Doctor? how should one come across when being assessed? also i will be secretly recording my assessment as proof that i had explained fully to the assessor key points about my illness.
    proper diagnosed would be seeing both a psychologist and psychiatrist then being under the care of the community team IMO

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    proper diagnosed would be seeing both a psychologist and psychiatrist then being under the care of the community team IMO
    I have had treatment from Psychologist for two years and they did not diagnose my depression properly?, in fact you only get a written assessment done about your mental condition when being bipolar, this does not tell you why you are clinically depressed?

Like other mental illnesses, bipolar disorder does not have a blood test or a brain scan. A diagnosis of bipolar disorder is made on the basis of symptoms, course of illness, and, when available, family history.

When bipolar disorder is diagnosed, it is often done through a common process:

Initial Assessment. A mental health professional will ask about your symptoms — when they started, how long they have lasted, how severe they are, whether you have had them before, and if so, whether the symptoms were treated and what treatment was given. You will also be asked about your medical and family history. If the person with the disorder is a child or teen, the professional may also wish to interview your family members and/or other persons close to you.
    Last edited by Thomos; 17-11-12 at 14:05.

davewhit
    I have had treatment from Psychologist for two years and they did not diagnose my depression properly?, in fact you only get a written assessment done about your mental condition when being bipolar, this does not tell you why you are clinically depressed?

Like other mental illnesses, bipolar disorder does not have a blood test or a brain scan. A diagnosis of bipolar disorder is made on the basis of symptoms, course of illness, and, when available, family history.

When bipolar disorder is diagnosed, it is often done through a common process:

Initial Assessment. A mental health professional will ask about your symptoms — when they started, how long they have lasted, how severe they are, whether you have had them before, and if so, whether the symptoms were treated and what treatment was given. You will also be asked about your medical and family history. If the person with the disorder is a child or teen, the professional may also wish to interview your family members and/or other persons close to you.
    have a search of ICD-10 is the 10th revision of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems thats the agreed way of looking at health problems

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    have a search of ICD-10 is the 10th revision of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems thats the agreed way of looking at health problems
    I have already stated that my Doctor as told me there is no actual diagnostic test for anyone suffering from bipolar depression, i'm sorry if i've offended maybe some ( Health care assistants from ATOS that come on this site?, but i have plenty of experience from all medical types of people that have seen me for my depression and anxiety problems and the only one that's been successful has been local surgery Doctor?

davewhit
    I have already stated that my Doctor as told me there is no actual diagnostic test for anyone suffering from bipolar depression, i'm sorry if i've offended maybe some ( Health care assistants from ATOS that come on this site?, but i have plenty of experience from all medical types of people that have seen me for my depression and anxiety problems and the only one that's been successful has been local surgery Doctor?
    if the best treatment you have got is from your gp you need a new gp

you start the thread with getting your illness across, thats not the point atos will only be interested in how it stops you working ...add to that how medication affects you

davewhit
    they dont employ Health care assistants................... drs nurses ot and physio all in theory having done the training to see if your fit for work .........but in the end the dwp DM is the one who will say what your fit for