Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: ATOS will not do home visit

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    151

    ATOS will not do home visit

    Argggg :-/ well just had a letter from Atos and its left me bewildered and extremely up-set today, Atos saying that a home visit will not be done for me, i don't know what else to do because i will not be able to make it on the appointment day...what is wrong with these people???

  2. #2
    davewhit
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomos View Post
    Argggg :-/ well just had a letter from Atos and its left me bewildered and extremely up-set today, Atos saying that a home visit will not be done for me, i don't know what else to do because i will not be able to make it on the appointment day...what is wrong with these people???
    if you cant make it on the day offered you can ask for another day miss that and they stop your benefits

    why cant you make it ? if you need a home visit as your bed bound get a drs letter and try again to get a home visit

  3. #3
    vikstar
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomos View Post
    Argggg :-/ well just had a letter from Atos and its left me bewildered and extremely up-set today, Atos saying that a home visit will not be done for me, i don't know what else to do because i will not be able to make it on the appointment day...what is wrong with these people???
    Sorry to hear this. If it will help you can request that they pay for a TAXI door to door, however, if they agree you will have to pay for this yourself and then claim it back. You are allowed to have someone with you, they can take notes as well. You could try making a formal written request for the assessment to be recorded. There is a template letter for this on BandW, http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/for...id=87658#87658

    If you fail to attend, you will be classed as fit for work

  4. #4
    vikstar
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    if you cant make it on the day offered you can ask for another day miss that and they stop your benefits

    why cant you make it ? if you need a home visit as your bed bound get a drs letter and try again to get a home visit
    OP has already sent a letter of support from G.P. to ATOS, http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ll=1#post20254

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    if you cant make it on the day offered you can ask for another day miss that and they stop your benefits

    why cant you make it ? if you need a home visit as your bed bound get a drs letter and try again to get a home visit
    My Doctor had already tried to explain to Atos with a support letter about why my illness would badly effect me going to the appointment, i just dont want to turn up just to show them how aggitiated and feeling sick i will become, i will not like being in a unfamilar room and with people walking around me i will only want to stay for 5 mins as no doubt ir will bring on a panic attack its terrible its like having a stroke.;-/

  6. #6
    vikstar
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomos View Post
    My Doctor had already tried to explain to Atos with a support letter about why my illness would badly effect me going to the appointment, i just dont want to turn up just to show them how aggitiated and feeling sick i will become, i will not like being in a unfamilar room and with people walking around me i will only want to stay for 5 mins as no doubt ir will bring on a panic attack its terrible its like having a stroke.;-/
    When I filled in the ESA50 for a relative of mine, I requested a home assessment as a formal request for reasonable adjustments under the Equalities Act 2010. As ATOS and the DWP are both public serivice providers they are obliged to make reasonable adjustments for people who fulfill the definition of being classed as a disabled person, http://odi.dwp.gov.uk/docs/law/ea/ea-guide-2.pdf. Reasonable adjustments are covered at, Adjustments for disabled persons, 20.Duty to make adjustments. 21.Failure to comply with duty.
    22.Regulations, here, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/contents . Here as well, http://odi.dwp.gov.uk/disabled-peopl...d-dda-1995.php, https://www.gov.uk/definition-of-dis...ality-act-2010, https://www.gov.uk/rights-disabled-person/overview. It may be a bit late in the day for this, I don't know, but if you fulfill the definition of a disabled person under EA2010, it may be worth contacting ATOS by e-mail or post to let them know that as you are making the request for a home assessment under reasonable adjustments EA2010, if they fail to comply, you will consider taking a case of Disability Discrimination against them. This can be done in a County Court. It may be a last roll of the dice, but you never know.

  7. #7
    davewhit
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomos View Post
    My Doctor had already tried to explain to Atos with a support letter about why my illness would badly effect me going to the appointment, i just dont want to turn up just to show them how aggitiated and feeling sick i will become, i will not like being in a unfamilar room and with people walking around me i will only want to stay for 5 mins as no doubt ir will bring on a panic attack its terrible its like having a stroke.;-/
    If your Dr has done the letter then you have no choice you go or your benefits will be stopped you can then appeal but if benefits are stopped for not going to a medical nothing will be paid till and if you win given how long appeals are taking that could take a year

    Vikstar gave some good advice as to how manage

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomos View Post
    My Doctor had already tried to explain to Atos with a support letter about why my illness would badly effect me going to the appointment, i just dont want to turn up just to show them how aggitiated and feeling sick i will become, i will not like being in a unfamilar room and with people walking around me i will only want to stay for 5 mins as no doubt ir will bring on a panic attack its terrible its like having a stroke.;-/
    Hi, Have you contacted the dwp and your MP? If not do so. I involved the dwp regarding my battle with atos. I won. Apt was cancelled and I went into the support group.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    Hi, Have you contacted the dwp and your MP? If not do so. I involved the dwp regarding my battle with atos. I won. Apt was cancelled and I went into the support group.
    Hi Cornwall

    I had contacted DWP today and they put me on to some reassesment person, but tbh that person was totally useless and made it clear that the decision was that i couldn't have Home visit, yes i think contacting my local MP might be worth a try thanks.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post

    22.Regulations, here, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/contents . Here as well, http://odi.dwp.gov.uk/disabled-peopl...d-dda-1995.php, https://www.gov.uk/definition-of-dis...ality-act-2010, https://www.gov.uk/rights-disabled-person/overview. It may be a bit late in the day for this, I don't know, but if you fulfill the definition of a disabled person under EA2010, it may be worth contacting ATOS by e-mail or post to let them know that as you are making the request for a home assessment under reasonable adjustments EA2010, if they fail to comply, you will consider taking a case of Disability Discrimination against them. This can be done in a County Court. It may be a last roll of the dice, but you never know.
    Hi Vikstar

    Thanks for this information

    I'm really at lost what to do its like ATOS have really got it in for sick people, i really thought my support letter would of been sufficient proof for a home visit but they just ask for more evidence???

    How do i request for a home assessment under reasonable adjustments EA2010? there is only 8 days left before my appointment day.

Similar Threads

  1. ATOS - Home Visit against GPs advice?
    By phaedra in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-08-13, 17:02
  2. ATOS refuse home visit for son advice needed
    By MrsS41 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-05-13, 20:04
  3. Atos appointment for home visit
    By Thomos in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-05-13, 19:52
  4. Atos - HOME VISIT - what happens ??............
    By Grumplestiltskin in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17-09-12, 22:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •