Thread: Please help can i get another grant for my new home???

Please help can i get another grant for my new home???

Hi all right i will try and keep this as simple as possible basically im disabled and have had a stair lift installed in 2/12 and a walk in shower in 1/12 but i have to leave my home i got robbed and this has caused me a severe breakdown and im unable to stay in my home my question is ive been offered a new home from my housing association but am unsure if its disabled friendly can i ask for my adaptations to be done at the new home as social services got the adaptations done in my old home.Please i know people will think im being silly not going home but its impossible for me to stay there please any advice much appreciated im moving from a 3 bedroom to a 2 bedroom and i have an 8yr boy and a 16yr old boy so i have not taken this decision lightly as they will have to share a room

Quote Originally Posted by sambo-79 View Post
    Hi all right i will try and keep this as simple as possible basically im disabled and have had a stair lift installed in 2/12 and a walk in shower in 1/12 but i have to leave my home i got robbed and this has caused me a severe breakdown and im unable to stay in my home my question is ive been offered a new home from my housing association but am unsure if its disabled friendly can i ask for my adaptations to be done at the new home as social services got the adaptations done in my old home.Please i know people will think im being silly not going home but its impossible for me to stay there please any advice much appreciated im moving from a 3 bedroom to a 2 bedroom and i have an 8yr boy and a 16yr old boy so i have not taken this decision lightly as they will have to share a room
    I don't think anyone would think you are "being silly". Well except for being silly saying you might be thought silly;-)
    Yes you will be perfectly entitled to ask for the adaptions in your new home. I guess the only issue would be if the property lends itself to those adaptions. Your HA are the best to ask.

think the best people to ask is the O.T nurses as they will go around your new property and make a proper assessment then once it is authorized the work will be passed on. depending on what you are getting benefit wise or income wise you might have a contribution or might get full help.

mike

thats great news thank you i got burgled few weeks ago and im unable to stay here for my safety etc... more stuff on top of this and i just need to move asap and i was so worried about not being able to get all my adaptations so thank you to you that replied thanks x

All the best and I hope you can put the burglary well and truly behind.