Thread: Doctors support letter

Doctors support letter

Hi there

Already since being on this site i have learned so much, so thank you to everyone

As you know i have been waiting to send off a support letter from my doctor by fax to Atos, but i'm having second thoughts about this, a friend of mine had told me she had problems with her GP and Atos would always say they never received her fax letter?

Can anyone advise me on how i could send my med letter, would scanning a copy of my letter then sending to ATOS email be any good?

Thanks

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomos View Post
    Hi there

Already since being on this site i have learned so much, so thank you to everyone

As you know i have been waiting to send off a support letter from my doctor by fax to Atos, but i'm having second thoughts about this, a friend of mine had told me she had problems with her GP and Atos would always say they never received her fax letter?

Can anyone advise me on how i could send my med letter, would scanning a copy of my letter then sending to ATOS email be any good?

Thanks
    It's a long time since I have used a FAX machine, but as far as I remember you can print off a delivery report. You could also scan and send as an attachment, to be absoloutly sure, you could also back up by posting hard copy by signed for guaranteed next day delivery. Apart from personally delivering by hand and getting a written receipt, you can't really do much more.

I learnt the hard way due to atos denying they had recieved a medical report even though it was signed for.
    So send it signed for or faxed if you want and also send a copy to the dwp office that is dealing with your claim. It would be a remarkable feat for 2 letter to go missing. Never ever send an original.

Hi

thanks for both your replies

Yes i'm going to be sending two copies one to the DWP and Atos, it would be astonishing to be told none of my letters had reached them both, but i'm going to make sure they do get delivered by recorded delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    I learnt the hard way due to atos denying they had recieved a medical report even though it was signed for.
    So send it signed for or faxed if you want and also send a copy to the dwp office that is dealing with your claim. It would be a remarkable feat for 2 letter to go missing. Never ever send an original.
    Wow denying they recieved a medical report despite it being signed for? thanks for the tip i will now send to both places for sure,they wont make fools out of us!
    Last edited by Daisychain; 10-11-12 at 17:12.