Thread: esa medical assessment

helpme

esa medical assessment

i attended a medical assessment on 15th october and i still havent heard from dwp. how long does it take? would be grateful if anyone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    i attended a medical assessment on 15th october and i still havent heard from dwp. how long does it take? would be grateful if anyone knows.
    How long is a piece of string?
    Applications are "supposed" to take 11 weeks, that's from when you first claimed so early days for you yet. Start to phone them if you exceed the 11 wks.

davewhit
    mr wobble1 is close but the time to carry out paperwork and medical if needed is "13-week assessment period" as per regulations, of course in practice 5 weeks was claimed the other day start to end and 10 months plus is getting common too

It's just taken exactly 50 weeks for my ESA50 to turn up!

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    The 13 week assessment phase period is only applicable for fresh claims for ESA, in that a claimant should have been assessed and given a decision by the beginning of week 14, the DWP are not even adhering to that.

If it is an IB/SDA/IS transfer there is no time limit laid down, and the time taken to go through the transfer process varies greatly from one individual to another. The 11 weeks period mentioned used to be the guideline for the time taken to carry out a reconsideration, however this has now gone by the board as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RaeUK View Post
    It's just taken exactly 50 weeks for my ESA50 to turn up!
    Fingers and dog's paws crossed they get it right this time for you.

13 weeks ,5 weeks in which case mine must be a record at 40 or so weeks ( 9 months + a week or 2 )

Thankyou, seriouslyfedup, appreciated. DLA has really helped to take the financial sting out of being on the ESA assessment phase for so long. It'll be interesting to see what happens. My lung disease has certainly marched forward a bit in this time.
    Stig, 40 weeks? Pah! Part-timer!
    November the 26th sees my 4th anniversary on the ESA assessment rate. I think I have to be the only person to have started at (almost) the beginning of ESA's introduction who is still trying to get a resolution into either WRAG or Support. 4 years. Crikey. That has been, to date, three consecutive applications and two (failed) Tribunals. Whilst that sounds bad, in fairness, I've had great support from the DWP over the years and a lot of understanding. And some odd times. I'll never forget my last ESA Tribunal and both members of the panel being so visibly upset when they had to tell me I'd failed. I can't blame them, it was written right across their faces that they'd struggled and tried their best. But they can only work with the descriptors and I fall through the gaps.
    Still, back on the merry-go-round ...