Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atos appointment for home visit

Atos appointment for home visit

Hello,

I'm new here and so happy to be here,

Well the day has arrived for me to attend Atos medical centre in 3 weeks time, on filling in my esa50 form i stated that i would need to have a home visit so rang Atos helpline for some information about its process of a referal from my health doctor.

The person who i was speaking with was not very pleasent, so god knows what the medical will be like as i suffer from bi-polar depression and a phobia of going out.

Can someone adivise me, what do i need from my doctor for a home visit from Atos

Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Thomos View Post
    Hello,

Well the day has arrived for me to attend Atos medical centre in 3 weeks time, on filling in my esa50 form i stated that i would need to have a home visit so rang Atos helpline for some information about its process of a referal from my health doctor.

The person who i was speaking with was not very pleasent, so god knows what the medical will be like as i suffer from bi-polar depression and a phobia of going out.

Can someone adivise me, what do i need from my doctor for a home visit from Atos

Thankyou
    A letter stating his/her reasons to why you need a home visit. I should get your skates on if Atos examination (not medical) is booked in 3 weeks.

vikstar
    Hello,

Thankyou
    You could ask your Doctor to FAX ATOS, if he is willing to support your request for a Home Assessment. However, be warned that ATOS are very reluctant to give Home Assessments (probably because they cost more, and the ATOS assessor cannot use the LimA software)

You may also have a problem if your Doctor has already received an ESA113 to fill in, http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/esa113-interactive.pdf
    If you look at question 6, it asks the Doctor whether you can attend an assessment, so if he has already received an ESA113, and stated that you could attend, he will be reluctant to change tack.

You should also make sure that all correspondence to do with this is in writing, you can e-mail ATOS here, customer-relations@atoshealthcare.com. Unless you can obtain something in writing off ATOS stating that they will give you a Home Assessment, and you do not have to attend an assessment centre, you should attend, as failure to do so can result in your money being stopped.
    Here is the ATOS website, http://www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants

Thank you Vikstar

I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow, i wouldn't know why my doctor would say i'd be well enough to attend a medical as i can not face going out or meeting unfamilar people, my anxieties can be extreme and i can get very aggressive with people.

but i shall know more when i see him.
    Last edited by Thomos; 05-11-12 at 15:13.

vikstar
    Thank you Vikstar

I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow, i wouldn't know why my doctor would say i'd be well enough to attend a medical as i can not face going out or meeting unfamilar people, my anxieties can be extreme and i can get very aggressive with people.

Maybe he hasn't received an ESA113, as they are not always sent out,you should ask whether he has. Hopefully he will support you. Some G.P.'s hold the view that if you can attend the surgery, then you can also attend an ATOS Assessment Centre, in my view incorrectly.
    You may want to inform your G.P. that the fact that you manage to attend the assessment center, can in fact be used against you, and is actually used as part of the assessment. In my opinion, it is far different attending your G.P. practice, which is a familiar "caring" environment, to having to attend an ATOS centre, where no care is offered, under threat of losing your benefits. There is a list of assessment centres on the ATOS website, you might want to check whether the facilities it offers suit your needs.
    Hope all works out well for you.

davewhit
    Thank you Vikstar

Your Dr can end up saying your well enough to travel to the medical if ATOS ask the question in such a way .......... ie if ATOS ask if your bed bound, or has the person full use of there legs. Or would the person be ok with someone with them (regardless of who can go with you)

This can put you in the postion of not going and being in the wrong

Hello all , since i sent back my esa questionnaire , i have had to have emergency back surgery due to pressure on my spinal cord and bladder , the surgery involved removing a full disk and having screws and rods to hold my spine in place ( going to work in my condition now would be a risk to my life) i already have degenerate disc disease , due to compression on a number of disks ( this wasnt enough to pass the atos medical previously) .i was discharged from hospital on the 31 st october , after being able to simulate climbing 30 steps , which i managed with 2 physios supporting me ( this is the same amount of steps that i have to gain access to my front door, as i live in a first floor maisonette. I am currently awaiting an urgent review from occupational therapy regarding my situation , as my house is unfit for my needs and had to get a perching stool and raised toilet seat from a disability shop, these were prescribed by the district nurse who was redressing my wound ) I have requested a home visit , as the kind of surgery ive had prevents me from travelling long distances by car ( being sat down is the worst position i can be in ) i have requested a gp report stating my condition and why im unable to attend the atos appointment . I also have a gps note which esa have recieved which is for a minimum of 3 months , aswell as this i have my discharge sheet here with me which has all my medical history and all the medication i am on . I am on bed rest , and only get up when using the bathroom , ive been out of the house once to go to the gp's , and that was only when i knew someone was downstairs waiting for me , i cant manage anymore than the stairs , im too fatigued to walk any further an d in a lot of pain ..... this is where atos may try and trip me up, .they may turn round and say , that i can do the stairs . Ive pretty much done everything by the book in regards to getting all info and proof they need . I also have good contacts with the local mp if the unthinkable happens . But surely i cant be passed fit for work . It would show you how that this atos out fit is . Any advice or comments would be really appreciated , thank you .....

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmoss1 View Post
    Hello all , since i sent back my esa questionnaire , i have had to have emergency back surgery due to pressure on my spinal cord and bladder , the surgery involved removing a full disk and having screws and rods to hold my spine in place ( going to work in my condition now would be a risk to my life) i already have degenerate disc disease , due to compression on a number of disks ( this wasnt enough to pass the atos medical previously) .i was discharged from hospital on the 31 st october , after being able to simulate climbing 30 steps , which i managed with 2 physios supporting me ( this is the same amount of steps that i have to gain access to my front door, as i live in a first floor maisonette. I am currently awaiting an urgent review from occupational therapy regarding my situation , as my house is unfit for my needs and had to get a perching stool and raised toilet seat from a disability shop, these were prescribed by the district nurse who was redressing my wound ) I have requested a home visit , as the kind of surgery ive had prevents me from travelling long distances by car ( being sat down is the worst position i can be in ) i have requested a gp report stating my condition and why im unable to attend the atos appointment . I also have a gps note which esa have recieved which is for a minimum of 3 months , aswell as this i have my discharge sheet here with me which has all my medical history and all the medication i am on . I am on bed rest , and only get up when using the bathroom , ive been out of the house once to go to the gp's , and that was only when i knew someone was downstairs waiting for me , i cant manage anymore than the stairs , im too fatigued to walk any further an d in a lot of pain ..... this is where atos may try and trip me up, .they may turn round and say , that i can do the stairs . Ive pretty much done everything by the book in regards to getting all info and proof they need . I also have good contacts with the local mp if the unthinkable happens . But surely i cant be passed fit for work . It would show you how that this atos out fit is . Any advice or comments would be really appreciated , thank you .....
    If you haven't already done so, you should report this change of circumstances / deterioration in your condition to the DWP and ATOS, as it would seem that it will substantially increase your "limited capability". You could send all the Docs that you mention to the DWP Benefits office that is dealing with your ESA, and to ATOS at the same address that your ESA50 went to.

Doing the above could negate the chances of you being required to attend an ATOS assessment before the eventuality occurs, it may also help with you being placed in the correct group of ESA.

Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post
    Maybe he hasn't received an ESA113, as they are not always sent out,you should ask whether he has. Hopefully he will support you. Some G.P.'s hold the view that if you can attend the surgery, then you can also attend an ATOS Assessment Centre, in my view incorrectly.
    You may want to inform your G.P. that the fact that you manage to attend the assessment center, can in fact be used against you, and is actually used as part of the assessment. In my opinion, it is far different attending your G.P. practice, which is a familiar "caring" environment, to having to attend an ATOS centre, where no care is offered, under threat of losing your benefits. There is a list of assessment centres on the ATOS website, you might want to check whether the facilities it offers suit your needs.
    Hope all works out well for you.
    Yes your absolutely right Vikstar in all of your above points, i will ask several questions with my doctor tomorrow and i will tell him just how very stressful this all charade is? of making people go to some pathetic medical assessment done by someone on a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post
    If you haven't already done so, you should report this change of circumstances / deterioration in your condition to the DWP and ATOS, as it would seem that it will substantially increase your "limited capability". You could send all the Docs that you mention to the DWP Benefits office that is dealing with your ESA, and to ATOS at the same address that your ESA50 went to.

Doing the above could negate the chances of you being required to attend an ATOS assessment before the eventuality occurs, it may also help with you being placed in the correct group of ESA.
    Thanks for your reply , i did ask this when i phoned the benefit office today , they said i would still need a medical as the surgery happened after i filled in the esa questionnaire . I supposse worse case scenario is they decline and i appeal. The problem i have had is this will be my third medical in a year and a half since my first diagnosis of degenerate disk disease , and the emergency surgery was the second op i had . I have returned to work everytime i have failed it . And personal i think this latest surgery could of been avoided if i hadnt gone back to work , because of the kind of work i did . Dont get me wrong , i have worked for most of my life and if i could i would . I dont really like getting benefits , but atos really make you feel like your putting on , well this time surely they can see the damage cause . All the evidence is there . Its ironic really , i recieve iidb at 25% and it was the "doctor" there who told me i should go to the hospital , he could see something wasnt right during that medical . I know the 2 arent connected and cant be used as evidence to each other , but like i said previously i can call on a local mp who is a close friend off the family if need be . Its a real joke really . Once again thanks for taking the time for reading m
    y thread