Thread: ATOS Official Secret Act

ATOS Official Secret Act

ATOS Docs and Nurses Concerned

CLICKY

Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    ATOS Docs and Nurses Concerned

CLICKY
    Made me laugh when it said " the DWP knew nothing about it".

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    Made me laugh when it said " the DWP knew nothing about it".
    DWP must live on another planet, because this story broke many months ago.

The question though, is it valid because Atos are not a government firm. So how can it be an official secret?

How I read this is,
    that any doctor can write anything about a patient and can not be prosecuted if ever brought to court even if it were a pack of lies, and we all know this is happing.

Do you think it has anything to do with the C4 Dispatches?
    cornwall,
    I agree, I didn't know private companies could just adopt the official secrets act. I know they can put a clause in their terms of employment contract but that's about it.

The key bit of the report is ...

"Atos said they have contracts with other public bodies, including the MoD, which require their employees working with those organisations to sign the Official Secrets Act.

They have one security policy across the company and this was why doctors working with the Department for Work and Pensions are also included."

Typical "Daily Record" scaremongering journalism - they do for Scotland what the Mail does for England and Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    Do you think it has anything to do with the C4 Dispatches?
    cornwall,
    I agree, I didn't know private companies could just adopt the official secrets act. I know they can put a clause in their terms of employment contract but that's about it.
    I honestly wouldn't know, wobble. I havent seen the programe due to not having a TV, but from what I have read regarding it, I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by keithl View Post
    The key bit of the report is ...

"Atos said they have contracts with other public bodies, including the MoD, which require their employees working with those organisations to sign the Official Secrets Act.

They have one security policy across the company and this was why doctors working with the Department for Work and Pensions are also included."
    So does that mean then that employees from other firms within atos can do the work assessments as well?
    The lot doing the assessments have nothing to do with their other contracts so they should not be signing anything. Due to their profession a thing called patient confidentiality exists and they can be struck off by their governing body if they breach this.
    It would be interesting to know what a legal bod has to say about the situation

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    How I read this is,
    that any doctor can write anything about a patient and can not be prosecuted if ever brought to court even if it were a pack of lies, and we all know this is happing.
    drs have always wrote what they want about any patient ........ its there medical point of view and if you disagree with what any dr writes you see another dr .............. not many drs write pack of lies IMO people just dont like what they write

atos is new but through history drs have wrote stuff people not happy with example FLK = funny looking kid

regardless of what any dr working for atos writes the DM makes the ruling

rather than asking are atos paid bounus for writing funny reports ask do DM get premoted if they find people fit for work ?