Thread: Carers bed

Mazzym

Carers bed

Hello

I am desperate to get a carers bed. That s a bed that raises up and down in height. A 4ft wide one

However looking on the net they seem to be £2000+ and I can't afford that.

Just wondered if anyone knows of a cheaper supplier or second hand maybe, or even loaned.

I have asked OT connect and they can't help

I have to change my disabled teenage son and I also have to give him therapy and it s killing my back on the present bed

Help

Thanks
    Mazy

the only suggestions i can give you right now is to bypass OT and call social services and ask them for a hospital bed, or contact your GP and see if they can help you in any way.
    failing that contact the charities to see if any is willing to help with funds towards a hospital bed.

good luck

If all else fails on the cost front you might want to look at cabin beds which are higher and fairly cheap.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solid-Single...1767270&sr=1-1