Thread: Are they allowed to do this?

Are they allowed to do this?

Hi everyone,
    could do with some advice please,one of my neighbours told me he saw a man knocking on my door a few nights ago at 7-50 pm,I was in bed at the time and heard nothing,I have now been told by the DWP that an Atos doctor wants to come and do a home visit regarding my DLA,when I asked if a doctor had called at my house they didn't know.Are they allowed to turn up unannounced?I find it quite unsettling that a male doctor could come to a female patients house unannounced at that time of night,can anyone tell me if this is right?

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mymaisie View Post
    Hi everyone,
    could do with some advice please,one of my neighbours told me he saw a man knocking on my door a few nights ago at 7-50 pm,I was in bed at the time and heard nothing,I have now been told by the DWP that an Atos doctor wants to come and do a home visit regarding my DLA,when I asked if a doctor had called at my house they didn't know.Are they allowed to turn up unannounced?I find it quite unsettling that a male doctor could come to a female patients house unannounced at that time of night,can anyone tell me if this is right?
    For DLA and ESA Medical Assessments, they are supposed to give you 7 days notice, unless you agree to have one at shorter notice

Quote Originally Posted by Mymaisie View Post
    Hi everyone,
    It is very possible that the caller was nothing to do with DWP/ATOS but a canvasser of some sort. I think you are presuming.

Thanks Vikstar,thought that was the case and certainly didn't think they were allowed to just turn up on your doorstep and especially at that time of night

You could be right beau but my gut feeling is telling me it was a doctor,they did the same to one of my friends last month although it was during the day

I wouldnt have thought a doctor would come at that time without making appointment first. my DLA home medical went on for 1.5 hours so if it was a dr he wouldnt finish before 9.30 unless they get triple time i cant see it.

davewhit
    Drs work for ATOS so they dont have to work un social hours in fact getting any dr after 5 these days is very hard

As advised on another site, mymaisie, it wouldn't have been anything to do with the DWP or ATOSH.