Thread: Cancellation of medical examination

Cancellation of medical examination

I was due to have my medical examination on Wednesday past. I cancelled this due to being unable to travel, giving 4 hours notice.
    I was told during my phone call that i was allowed only 1 cancellation, and i must attend the re-arranged appointment.

What happens if i am unfit to travel on that day too?

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by googlybear View Post
    I was due to have my medical examination on Wednesday past. I cancelled this due to being unable to travel, giving 4 hours notice.
    I was told during my phone call that i was allowed only 1 cancellation, and i must attend the re-arranged appointment.

What happens if i am unfit to travel on that day too?
    Atos would send your file back to the DWP saying you did not turn up, then you have to talk to the DWP I think they would end your claim and you would have to appeal .......... thisw would cost you if on IB as your money IF they allowed the appeal would be basic till medical carried out.

If you're regularly unfit to travel , and your GP agrees your dondiotn warrants it, you could ask him to write a letter expalining you need a home assessment visit. Atos don't always accept what the GP says but might be worth a try.

Failing that best to attend or as Dave says they'll close your claim, and it tends to get messy after that.