Thread: ESA payment confusion

Majik

ESA payment confusion

Hi,

I have had an ongoing claim with ESA for over two years, only ever receiving one payment, up until now.
    To cut a long story short I was in full-time education and then left university on a leave of absence. During my leave of absence I changed courses. This was nearly two years ago. I appealed against the decision that I was still classed as being in full-time education from the period I changed courses (I never took up the course). The DWP recently got in contact with me stating that they had re-looked at the decision and had revised it so that I was entitled to ESA from January of last year.

My concern is that I have just received a letter stating that I was to be paid £232.47. There has been no explanation as to whether I am now set up to receive bi-monthly payments or if this was a one off payment. My question is does anyone know whether I am entitled to back pay? Also is it likely the payment I just received is a one off?

I am also confused as to the amount. I thought ESA was a max of £105? I have a total of £6,048 invested in property but receive no income from it. Is it possible that a premium is being paid on top of the rate that was paid? I am in the support group and always have been.

Any enlightenment you could give would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Hi,

I have had an ongoing claim with ESA for over two years, only ever receiving one payment, up until now.
    To cut a long story short I was in full-time education and then left university on a leave of absence. During my leave of absence I changed courses. This was nearly two years ago. I appealed against the decision that I was still classed as being in full-time education from the period I changed courses (I never took up the course). The DWP recently got in contact with me stating that they had re-looked at the decision and had revised it so that I was entitled to ESA from January of last year.

My concern is that I have just received a letter stating that I was to be paid £232.47. There has been no explanation as to whether I am now set up to receive bi-monthly payments or if this was a one off payment. My question is does anyone know whether I am entitled to back pay? Also is it likely the payment I just received is a one off?

I am also confused as to the amount. I thought ESA was a max of £105? I have a total of £6,048 invested in property but receive no income from it. Is it possible that a premium is being paid on top of the rate that was paid? I am in the support group and always have been.

Any enlightenment you could give would be much appreciated.
    Your post is a little confusing but here goes.
    If you have been awarded from ESA from Jan 2011 you should get that backdated if you have recieved nothing but one payment in that time. Likewise you should be getting regular payments now your claim has been settled.
    Your property investment amount does not exceed their limits.
    I can't explain why you are in this situation if your claim has been settled now, have you phoned and asked them?

Hi Majik,
    if it's any help my payment is about £119 per week as a premium is paid on top of the £105. not sure how yours works out at £116.24/week though if that's what they have done.
    You need to ring up and clarify exactly what is going on.