Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Tricycle

Stolen Tricycle

Hello everyone,

I am very new here so I hope I might be forgiven if I am doing this in the wrong place or in the wrong way.

I had saved up for years to get the electric tricycle I had set my heart on and recently it was delivered. I fell in love with it on sight. I called it Ernie. For the first time in a long time I could zoom to the supermarket and buy a couple of things, change my library books, visit friends, like ordinary people do. And now someone has stolen it right off the drive to my house. I am actually grieving for Ernie.

I am told items like this are often taken a long way from where stolen before being sold so theoretically it could be anywhere in the UK. I would be hugely grateful if anyone sees or hears anything of Ernie. He has three wheels and is blue. I am going to try and attach a picture to this. If it does not get posted it will be because I could not find how and in that event maybe somebody will tell me how.

PS. There is a reward of £200.00 for getting Ernie back. Thanks.

Very best wishes,

Les.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your electric bike.

Did you keep a note of the frame number - it's usually marked under the crankset / pedals. And what make was it.

My first guess would be that whoever stole it would also want to sell it.

The quickest way to sell it is through the internet and using ebay.

And to my surprise there's an adult blue electric trike for sale with 6 days to go before it's sold.

Check out this link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/eZip-Tricr...#ht_628wt_1021

Hello Lighttouch,

Thanks for that. I am afraid that is not the one. I do not have a number but I bought it from E-bikesdirect where it is marketed as the "Chopper". The name Mission Cycles is also on the frame. I believe they are the importers. As you can imagine I am watching ebay closely but no luck yet. Would you tell me how to post a picture please? Ernie is once seen never forgotten and I think a picture is more likely to jog the memory than anything else.

Thank you for your help,

Les.

It wasjust a thought.

Yes Mission Cycles produce many varieties of bikes. I use a manual adult low sep-thru trike locally. I don't own it I just hire it out for a few pounds as I can only do a dozen laps of the track after which my legs cease to work - nice to get the fresh air and sun on your face!

Here's the mission website that includes electric trikes.

http://www.missioncycles.co.uk/AdultTrikes.asp

To add a picture of your bike.

First of all make a note where you have stored the photo on your computer eg 'C' drive and a named folder as you'll need this info to import the photo.

You'll need to resize the jpeg photo to a smaller file size otherwise it will be rejected.Make sure the file name ends .jpg or .jpeg and you may need to resize the image to make it smaller as there is a max file size list given - 1.91mb for a .jpeg file
    - open new thread
    - scroll down the screen to the word 'Attachments' and click on button marked 'manage attachments'
    - at top left click on button marked 'choose file' - this will now look at your computer. You must have made a note as to which hard drive, usb, CD and folder you saved your trike photo in.
    - click on photo - you'll cee a file name appear
    - at top left click button saving 'upload'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shark2.jpg  

Is insurance claim a possibilty?

stolen tricycle

Hello Lighttouch,

I have not had to reduce a picture size before but it is now down to 12.2kb and looks awful and the Yourable uploader is still kicking it out. Can you think of anything else?

Les.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chopper 2.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	414

The only visual difference between it and my actual trike is mine has an electric motor fitted in the front wheel.

It's here. After loading the photo admin won't release it until they've approved it.

To get a bigger picture try sending a file called .gif as it can be just 72 dots per inch so may allow the picture to be viewed bigger when you click on it.

When I click on your trike a window launches but with a spinning wheel meaning it can't launch it.

I'll try another photo . ..

PS Found the website - it uses a poor quality photo in the first place.

http://www.electricbikesales.co.uk/s.../prod_635.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rickshaw-36_1.jpg  
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 15-10-12 at 22:47.

Once a picture of the actual bike stolen finally emerges (hurry up admin!), I'm happy to post it on my facebook page and ask people to pass it around theirs. Maybe others here could do likewise. Les686, I'd also want additional info though, such as where it was stolen from, what date and what time etc.

Hello Lighttouch,

I am attaching the pic as it was before I started messing about with it. I hope it might be more helpful. I thought the resolution looked quite good - but what do I know!

Les.

Sorry, I am still struggling with this.

I can't send you the original picture, of course, it is too big! Is there somewhere off site I could send it? Sorry to be a nuisance.

Les.