Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyres on Motability

Tyres on Motability

I seem to remember hearing that quick fit will come to your house to fit new tyres. is this true? mine will need replacing soon but just thought i would ask on here save me ringing them my self.

Yes that is true, for all the details see http://www.motability.co.uk/cars-and...mer-area/tyres

or you can call them on 0330 123 1533 to arrange a visit.

Using the mobile service

If you are unable to get to a centre, the tyre you need is not in stock or if accessibility at your nearest centre is difficult, Kwik Fit also offer a mobile service. The service is available by appointment in advance only and is not able to repair punctures. To organise an appointment for one of Kwik Fit’s 220 mobile fitting units to replace tyres at your home at no extra cost, please call 0330 123 1533 . To make sure they bring the right tyres for your car, you’ll need to have your car registration and tyre size to hand when you arrange your appointment.

Appointments are available between 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday or 8.30am to 12.30pm on Saturdays. With national coverage and over 200 mobile fitting vans, Kwik Fit Mobile is committed to visiting you within three working days. Please note that the mobile service can often take longer to arrange and complete than if you were to have the tyre change at a centre.

Please bear in mind that Kwik Fit Mobile is not an emergency service, so if you are out and are unable to continue due to a tyre problem, you should contact RAC on 0800 73 111 73
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Mandyboops View Post
    I seem to remember hearing that quick fit will come to your house to fit new tyres. is this true? mine will need replacing soon but just thought i would ask on here save me ringing them my self.
    Yes, they have a mobile van that can come to your house. http://www.kwik-fit.com/locate-a-centre.asp

Thanks guys

littlebib
    there can be a wait sometimes

mine came the following day and was brilliant on time friendly and i found it much easier than travelling 40 miles round trip to get it replaced highly recommend!!!

littlebib
    thats good as i read on review site kwik fit score poorly

Quote Originally Posted by littlebib View Post
    thats good as i read on review site kwik fit score poorly
    For tyre changing they are ok but people say that they are cowboys for things like servicing etc.

it's not the tyres . . . locking nuts

Good timing - thanks for your post on tyres as I had a massive blow out yesterday that shredded my front nearside tyre. When the RAC came he was faced with a few challenges. I didn't have any locking nuts and the car was too low at the front to get his jack under.

These guys are so well prepared for anything! No locking wheel nuts - no problem - he improvised by smashing a rod of aluminium over the solid steel nut with a heavy duty lump hammer forging a new nut impression in the softer metal.

Because the tyre had blown apart the front of the car had sunk so low he couldn't fit the jack under the wheel area to raise it. So he brought out a small wooden ramp - tucked it under the flat tyre then drove the car up onto the makeshift ramp - then he changed the wheel.

I've now found the wheel locking nuts in my house so I'll need them for KwickFit to renew my tyre. I have a branch that's just a mile away so I'll visit them on Monday.

These days they won't just change tyres if they are old I think the tread thickness has to below a few millimetres.

Thanks for the post - you inspired me to search out my locking wheel nuts which I'll now keep in the car!

littlebib
    i will have to see where my locking wheelnut is