Thread: 'Blame shared’ over sickness benefit test problems

'Blame shared’ over sickness benefit test problems

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19906596
    Atos, which carries out the tests, said its surveys found 90% were "positive about their experience with us".
    Yeah right can someone tell me who they are ? lies lies and dam lies

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19906596

Yeah right can someone tell me who they are ? lies lies and dam lies
    That Minister also said people should have taken medical evidence for their assessememt, not waiting for the appeal. Does he really think that ATOS would have looked at the medical evidence?

doberg
    Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    That Minister also said people should have taken medical evidence for their assessememt, not waiting for the appeal. Does he really think that ATOS would have looked at the medical evidence?
    I can only recount what happened to me when I had my ESA assessment.
    Claim made Oct 2009.
    Telephone call on the 8/12/09 to arrange the assessment with ATOS. Arrangement made for the 11/1/10
    Letter and ESA50 arrived 17/12/09
    Had the ATOS assessment 11/1/10
    Returned the ESA50 on the 13/1/10

The letter I received with the ESA50 stated that nothing should be returned with the ESA50.

So the assessment was arranged 9 days before I received the ESA50 and it was returned 2 days after the assessment

Received 0 points.

Went to appeal, presented my evidence and was placed in the Support Group for 3 years as from January 2010.

Two things stick in my mind. the first was the ESA85 which said that I had never had and currently do not have any mental illness. Good grief, I've been with the Mental Health Service since 1995 and I still am today! It was as a result of the evidence from that department (enhanced care plan & report from pyschiatrist) that impressed the Tribunal. In addition I also produced evidence from the Vascular Unit at the hospital that I have been unable to walk very much for a few years!
    The second point was that the assessor wrote on the section of Harmful Information - marked NOT TO BE COPIED TO THE CLAIMANT, that I was awkward, arrogant, bombastic and clearly someone who was intent on deceiving the DWP into being granted an award.

Unfortunately somebody made the mistake of copying that sheet and sent it to me and the Tribunal Service. the Tribunal were not at all happy and neither was I!!!!!!