Thread: care package

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile care package

hi

we have recently had a review for my daughters care package in terms of her getting a befriender service,they are now saying she may have to contribute towards this

however we have now recieved another form asking about her outgoings in regards her expensives she gets employment support allowance of 119.85 a week then it seems that they are also taking into account her disability living allowance (care) of 77.45 a week

so can anyone tell me just how much of the above money she may keep for her own needs and also what things can you put down as expenses i.e she pays lodge we do have a mobility car so can fuel be put down etc plus the cost of going to her disability group and can other activities be put down like when she goes out for pleasure or not doing things she would not other wise do if she was able bodied

thank you very much for any help in this matter

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by whyi View Post
    hi

we have recently had a review for my daughters care package in terms of her getting a befriender service,they are now saying she may have to contribute towards this

however we have now recieved another form asking about her outgoings in regards her expensives she gets employment support allowance of 119.85 a week then it seems that they are also taking into account her disability living allowance (care) of 77.45 a week

so can anyone tell me just how much of the above money she may keep for her own needs and also what things can you put down as expenses i.e she pays lodge we do have a mobility car so can fuel be put down etc plus the cost of going to her disability group and can other activities be put down like when she goes out for pleasure or not doing things she would not other wise do if she was able bodied

thank you very much for any help in this matter
    Of course they will take into account her DLA its paid to help pay for care some councils have had people use some of the DLA for years as budgets get cut more will make people use dla to pay for care plans you can put anything down you feel is right and then argue with them till you agree

if the car is on her dla be warned you can only claim fuel used to take her out and to places like drs chemist

high milage to allow for family shopping is a no no you really need expert advise say CAB or some other charity

Cant really help much but ive just been awarded a Care Package and at this time awaiting for Care Staff to be found.

I was left a booklet Charging for home care and other non-residential services.

It does say part of my DLA Care Component will be used to pay towards my care cost.

My DLA MH is totally ignored. Other benefits i recieve will be used as money coming in as do savings we have.

It does ignore other benefits we get or a percentage of them. Awaiting for Social Services to come and work out what we need to pay.

It seems different councils have their own pricing structure but if i know more will post further.