Thread: utilities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

utilities

im with british gas...im now off the special tarriff for disabled as we now are supposed to recieve extra payments to help towards the bills....has anyone had a real good deal from their supplier,so i can consider my options of changing...thankyou and best wishes to all

I check utilities every six months or so to make sure I'm getting the best I can be, I'm with EON at the moment where I fixed my bill but I'm not in a fixed contract so I can come and go as I please. I guess it depends upon your situation in regards to what would work well for you - Good Luck!

We are with Southern Electric and have been for a few years. Not sure if we are on the best tarriff but we get a 5% Direct Debit on our Quarterly bills and at the end of the year 6% off the yearly total.

Maybe we should look around for a cheaper supplier but cant do with the hassle.

Nony
    There's absolutely no hassle when changing suppliers, Trickie Dickie. Simply put your post code into a utilities comparison site and you will be given the best options for your area and circumstances. Select the one you want, then the supplier deals with everything - informing your present supplier, keeping you informed of how the move is going and letting you know when you are on the new deal.
    I check at least annually to see if I can find a better deal.

im going to check out one of these search utility sites....i changed twice over the last 12 years...it was easy to do....but with possible benefit problems ahead i feel i need absolute best option,,,

I'm with E-on the French utilities company.

The best way to reduce your bills

1 Buy both gas and electricity from the same supplier
    2 Pay by Direct Debit
    3 Ask for paperless bills.
    4 Fix the price for a year
    https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-h...ice-April-2014

E-on are also planning on replacing old meters with 'Smart meters' - this way you can see how much your spending.
    https://www.eonenergy.com/new-connections/Smart-Meters

FREE grants
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Environm...ts/DG_10018661

Luckily I got in 4 years ago and had loft insulation, cavity wall insulation and a replacement boiler over a number of years. Typically I see they've changed the criteria for who can apply. All I can say is I'm lucky I acted when I did!

thankyou lighttouch...great info,E-on have come out on top at 2 different energy sites so that will be my changeover...best wishes to you