Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anger as editor tells Motability-users to ‘hang heads in shame’ after London 2012

Not sure if that was aimed at me, just in case. - No of course you don't MUD and I wasn't suggesting that. Please re-read the first sentence in my post above.
    Regards,
    John.

Oh how i wish i could turn the clock back 10 years for myself and 22 years for my hubby when we were fit well and working.What i choice been to ill to work or healthy and able to go to work.Like some have said come and step into my shoes for a couple of days.

The only people who should hang their heads in shame are the UK coalition, on the GMB website it is estimated that since this coalition came in they have made nearly half a million people unemployed in the public sector and that doesn't even count the endless redundancies of private firms.

in one hand this government make endless job cuts and cause unemployment while in the other they pick on the weak as a way out of their own mistakes.

well in a few years time people will have a choice to make who they want to rule this country. all we can do is hope for something better than what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    The only people who should hang their heads in shame are the UK coalition, on the GMB website it is estimated that since this coalition came in they have made nearly half a million people unemployed in the public sector and that doesn't even count the endless redundancies of private firms.

in one hand this government make endless job cuts and cause unemployment while in the other they pick on the weak as a way out of their own mistakes.

well in a few years time people will have a choice to make who they want to rule this country. all we can do is hope for something better than what we have now.
    In a few years it`ll be too late as the damage(even more)for most will be done and no going back.The disabled will be poorer and many being forced to look for work and more than likely unemployed.In general the poor will be poorer and the rich will be as rich if not richer.

Quote Originally Posted by jdb2270 View Post
    Whilst I'm not suggesting for one second that posters on this site are claiming benefits fraudulently, unfortunately the news paper man is probably right. Look at the many people who have been caught fraudulently claiming benefits in the last year or two, some for over £100,000.00 for claiming housing allowance, then there was the man who couldn't walk more than 10 meters with out debilitating pain, was caught and filmed refereeing 2 lower league football matches a week!! And the lists goes on. A man claiming DLA, due to back pain, was found and filmed working as a tiler, running up and down ladders and roofs with packs of tiles on his shoulder! Add into the mix a brand new car with road tax & insurance all free (as the public perceive it), changed every 3 years, It's little wonder that some of general public view disabled people with suspicion, because it is the working public, that in the main, are paying for likes of us to have our benefits. Regards, John.
    I'm also a little confused, as whilst not pointing the finger at anyone here you are backing up the claim that " the many people" who are frauds. It is a tiny,tiny %, even the DWP put it at less than 0.5%.
    Having said that, in the past IB and DLA were far to easy to get and whist not being out and out frauds,some did know how to play the system (IMO) and Benefit reform was long overdue. It's just awfull the DWP has gone about it in the way they have.

Call me a cynic but I bet there are lots of people (a small minority in terms of all DLA claimants) alreay looking at PIP and trying to work out what they will have to do to meet the new criteria.

The newspaper man is not right.He is a ignorant bigot!I could spout any amount of ill-informed crap about any minority group in this country and a tiny percentage of it could apply to someone.For instance an Asian man is up on a rape charge equals all Asian men are rapists.Nonsense! The DWP film a few people pretending to be impaired so all or most people with disabilities are faking.What do you mean "The likes of us" ? Speak for yourself,mate!You don't speak for me.