Thread: Where is the best place to go on holiday in the uk?

Where is the best place to go on holiday in the uk?

What's the best holiday to go on in the UK? I'm not interested in camp sites but cottages, hotels or self catering would be fine. Accessibility not a problem as nobody has a mobility disability.

that really depends on personal taste, while some prefer sandy beaches and would tell you head south, some may prefer a golf holliday and tell you to go somewhere else (which i guess it would be south anyway as thats where the best weather is anyway).
    have you tried tripadvisor?? theres lots of reviews there and that can give you a indication wether the site will be a good one or not

Rosedale Abbey in N Yorkshire is a lovely little place. It is in the N Yorkshire moors, within easy reach of the coast and convenient to explore the area. There is a b+b there that is very welcoming and has views over the dale. They can't do enough for you and are very welcoming. The 2 rooms they have are extremely comfortable. Tried and tested. Prices are on a par with others. I can recommend it highly and no I am not a relative or the owner.
    http://www.fiveacreview.co.uk/

Portmerion cottages

Here's a link to a lovely village in North Wales where they fimed the 'Prisoner' many years ago.

http://www.portmeirion-village.com/e...n-portmeirion/

The Prisoner appreciation society staged in Portmerion
    http://www.tauspace.co.uk/sixofone/index.html
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 24-09-12 at 10:48.

Cornwall is good for the disability side of things, Penzance area is nice.

sterlingsteve
    my best place for UK holiday is Suffolk and Norfolk. Plenty of beaches, history etc.

As a local to this place I would suggest The Lake District, however we went to the Norfolk Broads last year and it was brilliant - I even mastered reverse parking a 40 foot barge!
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

mandelhike
    I like west midlands with lot of beautiful places.I go there in last June when I was on a business trip.Actually I was there to get registered my new business portfolio in London. I just share here as I really enjoyed this.